Arsenal home game points

There are currently 58 £139 tickets available for the Arsenal game in the Ted Mac. All clustered in groups of between two and five seats across all six blocks.

I've no idea how many were initially allocated or if they're holding some more back dependent on demand.

Southampton have a stadium which is too big for them (hence loads of away fans in home areas), a crap atmosphere and which doesn’t generate as much corporate income as you might expect.
Southampton attendance for their recent championship game v Norwich was 30k+ in their 32K stadium.
(I agree with their crap atmosphere, though)

If we built a 20,000 stadium then only 3 other Championship teams would have a smaller ground than us (QPR, Plymouth, Rotherham). Hardly a massive ambition.

I would definitely support 20,000 but I’d be much less sure about 25,000.

As well as capacity, they will also be trying to gauge hospitality demand, which it seems will be an even greater consideration.

What will matter more to Foley is how much income the stadium can generate and, to a lesser degree, to what extent it can contribute to success on the pitch by its atmosphere.

Southampton have a stadium which is too big for them (hence loads of away fans in home areas), a crap atmosphere and which doesn’t generate as much corporate income as you might expect.

Atmosphere is good at St Mary's tbf, when fans haven't already admitted defeat like against us in April.

Remember previous visits there and how it puts our ground to shame when they're all singing, roar when they score... it's actually fairly intimidating. I recall when we played them in league 1 and after thry scored snd the place was buzzing, I thought its gane over here due to the intense atmosphere, volume of their fans... looked like most our team were visibly shrinking on the pitch due to it. Vociferous intense atmosphere works very much in the home teams favour (when fans are on form/the teams side).

Actually has a much bigger sense of occasion and what we're missing out on with our current home.

Their ground is perfect, acoustically, just comes down to the mood of their fans rsther than it being a design issue with the ground imo.

Last edited:
What you need to understand is that everyone with a season ticket has had one for 30+ years and is simply a superior supporter and human being.

Anyone who didn't happen to have one in 2014 or had to give it up for work, family, finance or any other weak excuse is scum that should be grateful for the opportunity to fight for the crumbs.

Surprised the point slipped by some.

Seemed clear it was that people who've religiously purchased tickets game by gane could see themselves as more deserving of ticket priority over newcomers. In the sane way season ticket holders may see themselves as most deserving of a season ticket.

Would season ticket holders 'take it on the chin' without a grumble if Frevola announced next summer that we're going to start from scratch with who gets a season ticket for 24/25? Perhaps anyone who has a single point from 23/24 can join the scrap at 10am one morning to see if thry get one, on a first come first served basis? Of course the 30 year+ season ticket holders wouldn't have any problem with that.

Yes, I know season ticket holders paid larger amount upfront, particularly useful in previous eras when we needed the money and only 5k would turn up to games.

Point is, I can see why people who've loyally bought tickets for most games now feel disenfranchised as theyre now in the moshpit with thousands of jcls for a few hundred tickets whove been to one friendly in the last 20 years, or whatever it is, and shouldn't be dismissed as tough t1tty because they didn't buy a season ticket, for whatever the reason.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so damnimg of jcls, as perhaps they couldn't get to Dean Court for 20 years for good reason. Maybe some are bmouth based saints fans, who've finally seen the light?

I don't think it's that one thing though. It's a three part process.

1 - Increase revenue, which sharing around the seats more does.
2 - Test demand, especially for the hospitality stuff. Hence the scything off of more seats with the new tent.
3 - Improving the active database numbers to help with raising finance.

If I'm honest, the easy thing to do to gauge demand would be a paid membership, which was discussed here before.
IMG_4463.jpeg

Atmosphere is good at St Mary's tbf, when fans haven't already admitted defeat like against us in April.

Remember previous visits there and how it puts our ground to shame when they're all singing, roar when they score... it's actually fairly intimidating. I recall when we played them in league 1 and after thry scored snd the place was buzzing, I thought its gane over here due to the intense atmosphere, volume of their fans... looked like most our team were visibly shrinking on the pitch due to it. Vociferous intense atmosphere works very much in the home teams favour (when fans are on form/the teams side).

Actually has a much bigger sense of occasion and what we're missing out on with our current home.

Their ground is perfect, acoustically, just comes down to the mood of their fans rsther than it being a design issue with the ground imo.
Thats the derby effect.

Seemed clear it was that people who've religiously purchased tickets game by gane could see themselves as more deserving of ticket priority over newcomers. In the sane way season ticket holders may see themselves as most deserving of a season ticket.

Would season ticket holders 'take it on the chin' without a grumble if Frevola announced next summer that we're going to start from scratch with who gets a season ticket for 24/25? Perhaps anyone who has a single point from 23/24 can join the scrap at 10am one morning to see if thry get one, on a first come first served basis? Of course the 30 year+ season ticket holders wouldn't have any problem with that.

Yes, I know season ticket holders paid larger amount upfront, particularly useful in previous eras when we needed the money and only 5k would turn up to games.

Point is, I can see why people who've loyally bought tickets for most games now feel disenfranchised as theyre now in the moshpit with thousands of jcls for a few hundred tickets whove been to one friendly in the last 20 years, or whatever it is, and shouldn't be dismissed as tough t1tty because they didn't buy a season ticket, for whatever the reason.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so damnimg of jcls, as perhaps they couldn't get to Dean Court for 20 years for good reason. Maybe some are bmouth based saints fans, who've finally seen the light?
Good post. I don’t have a season ticket, never have had, nor have I ever wanted one although I had the option - nothing to do with money, in fact I was/am happy to pay more (in comparison to a season ticket) to have the flexibility to sit in any stand in the stadium and to occasionally buy an additional ticket when needed/available too. A freedom of choice I really enjoy, and I’ve done this for as many years as I can remember.

So while I understand the club needs to look to the future and other options, given my loyalty over decades, I would be more than hacked off if I were unable to get a ticket because of some of the scenarios you mentioned.

I was being a knob but it's not just the huge amount of uncertainty, effort and stress of being in the points scrum it's actually loads more expensive and you don't get to pick your preferred seat or anything.

The honest truth is that any fan regardless of how we measure 'merit' not being able to get a ticket is a bad thing for the fans and club. We want kids, casuals, whoever to come and enjoy games AND the small clique that currently battle for points or hold a ST in the stadium.

The honest truth is that any fan regardless of how we measure 'merit' not being able to get a ticket is a bad thing for the fans and club. We want kids, casuals, whoever to come and enjoy games AND the small clique that currently battle for points or hold a ST in the stadium.

This.

;