Arsenal -The Verdict

Have a feeling, if we don't put in a 100% performance and win on Saturday, the crowd will turn on Eddie and the team big time...........the fans will back the team as it did against Brighton, but we must fly at Villa from the beginning. .....over to you Eddie
...I would expect 100% effort, in every remaining match that we have...my worry is the team selection and the ability to be able to change things from how we play now, to how we need to press and energise our performances.

I agree Garbo,can’t fathom Eddie’s stubbornness in team selection and tactics.He could have tried more of the younger players,he could have played Brad Smith at LB,there was a real opportunity to experiment.I know there’s a lot of support for Solanke but what have got for our £19 M ,he’s neat ,threads a good ball occasionally and can link play,but offers nothing as a goal threat as shown last night. Tyrone Mings and Grealish must be rubbing their hands at Saturday’s match.

Both Solanke and Harry Wilson had great games against Brighton. Maybe I will let them off if they both now have stormers against Villa! That's the issue with signing young players with potential - they are not the finished article and won't be consistently good. Its why they are with us and not still with Liverpool.

after about 15 years of playing football as a centre forward I would have expected Solanke to have learned where to position his body when the ball is in the air, so that when it comes down it makes some sort of contact with his head. But alas no.

Having players in their right positions has to be the basic starting point for the last 14 games...whatever their experience.
Rid the Confusion...and we might get the game management sorted from kick- off...not after 60/70 minutes!
From then ..with players knowing the plan ..its just about Desire and Wits .

File in the very big folder of below par cup performances. Even when we have had strong line ups we have not shown the right desire in a lot of these cup games during our prem league stay. No point saying villa will be happy watching that - our players can watch their poor display at Fulham in the cup. The one big plus is that the team showed some character to prevent a 5-0 drubbing as that looked on the cards at one point. The really important game is Saturday so let’s reassess then.

Both Solanke and Harry Wilson had great games against Brighton. Maybe I will let them off if they both now have stormers against Villa! That's the issue with signing young players with potential - they are not the finished article and won't be consistently good. Its why they are with us and not still with Liverpool.

I think we are all a little deluded. Solanke and H Wilson were better against Brighton but not exceptional. With youngsters they are inconsitant but Solanke has been consistently shi%e for us, whilst H Wilson has consitantly been played out of postion every game

;