Arsenal -The Verdict

Why can't anyone accept a bad performance critique.
Honestly, we have some of the most dense fans in the world.

I've spend **************** loads of money watching utter dross all over England in the last few months, I know shite when I see it. This performance doesn't trouble the top five shite performances in the last two months Al.

Try Watford, West Ham, Palace, Burnley, Brighton for utter dross. Today's second half was champagne football by comparison no matter how pissed you are.

Al somewhat overreacting rather like a certain fuzzy haired Arsenal midfielder.

At times it was a bit League One v PL, especially first half. There were definitely some disheartening periods, men against boys.

There was also some fight, some bright moments, chances created, and Arsenal were desperate for the final whistle by the end. We grew as the game went on. Arsenal dropped down a gear far too early and we came rather close to punishing them.

It wasn't brilliant. It wasn't terrible either.

It has to be said Arsenal are a boring club these days. For a supposed top six club they come over like perennial also-rans, I guess like Man United also.

Makes me laugh because the vast majority of the fans of these clubs only picked them because they were good. If you the team you've picked to glory support are shite it must sting.

[QUOTE="SlowDownDerek, post: 345813, member: 2758"If you the team you've picked to glory support are shite it must sting.[/QUOTE]

Don’t you just change your team? If I was a glory hunter I’d keep on the move.... might as well take advantage of your shallowness.

Don’t you just change your team? If I was a glory hunter I’d keep on the move.... might as well take advantage of your shallowness.

It's funny because these people are usually adamant that "you can't change your team" for some sort of moral reasons. Well it's kind of true because you can't change where you're from, and by extension your team. If you've already abandoned you local team to support the glory boys I don't see why switching again when they aren't glory boys anymore is such a drama.

Come on get a grip - it’s the sweet fa cup - do we really want to do well in it now ?temporary fillip maybe to post the players and fans belief, but me, I,d rather see us turn up & ready for work this Saturday. No reason in my mind why we shouldn’t make it 6 out of 6 in the prem. it’s going to be a cracker.

UTCIAD

We were awful first half. Simpson playing against £72M forward Pepe.
Could Travers have saved the first goal? I think he got a hand to it. I felt sorry for him having that defence in front of him. That said I thought Ake played OK.

What's happened to Lewis Cook? Not the player he was before his injury.

I was hoping we'd get Surridge on earlier than the 88th minute. What was the point of that - OK we had 8 minutes of injury time but really?

I know we had a flurry of pressure towards the end of the match but the scary thing is we'll have to play a lot better than this to beat Villa on Saturday.

....sorry Eddie Howe but you got it wrong tonight....while **************** played their talented youngsters we ignore ours and instead play the likes of Solanke and H Wilson and not Surridge and Dobre....I despaired watching Solanke try and control the ball....pass the ball.....head the ball and generally run into space.....and Harry Wilson do pretty much naff all...I don’t care that the cup is nothing, but I do care when we are carrying players in the side continually....we handed them two goals and nearly a few more, we still play back when we should be going forwards....our players rarely now even carry the ball into spaces in front of them!...preferring to stop and look for the sideways pass or better still the one that ends up with a frenzied clearance by the goalkeeper. Predictable is an understatement!

Was fuming at half time but fairly happy with that second half. Delighted for surridge and no one got injured. Never cared about the fa cup anyway

Why don’t you care ? Chance to keep the momentum going , chance for some glory ...
Or shall we just survive in 17th placexeach season ?

When he put Fraser in midfield where he belongs, we matched them, unfortunately we were 2-0 down by this point.

Wait and see which team turns up on Saturday. It took us 30 minutes to get started against Brighton. Eddie can't understand the mindset as discussed on Solent post match.
Maybe they just don’t enjoy playing together or in the style they’re being coached to play ?

Thought we were shocking first half, a little better in the second, but think that has a lot to do with Arsenal taking their foot of the gas, they were never in danger of losing that game.
Think we will get 3 points Saturday, but can't see us staying up

I just can't understand why we didn't press them in the first half. It was like they were told not to.
Was reading an Arsenal blog and it said something like 'we've rarely been given this much time on the ball'.

It's so frustrating to watch, especially knowing that we can play a pressing , quick game. Why aren't our forward players allowed past the halfway line when. The opposition have possession? Why are we giving teams so much time on the ball? The second half showed that we can play and that we are good enough to compete so it can only be Eddie's instructions. I just don't get it. It's so dull to watch.

Underperforming has become a bad habit, a 90 plus a minimum of added time performance is owed to the fans by the management and players starting from now till the end of the season.

...Come on Howe pick the right team and change our sterile moving of the ball...or else we are going down!

There is absolutely no value in persisting with players in the hope that hey will come good to the point where we are struggling to win matches. I agree that Solanke may have potential and come good eventually but whilst we are deep in a relegation fight we need to change the things that are not working for us!
Surridge is raw but at least has shown that he can score...

We used to cut teams apart with our fast wingplay...currently we get the ball on the halfway line and stop and pass sideways or back...concentrate on getting forward putting balls into the box and having a striker there who can get on the end of it!

Smith can get forward as can Rico, so lets get the midfield linking up with them better..not this sluggish and monotonous build up that we are witnessing at present...in most games recently we haven't had a shot on target in the first half hour....which is totally opposite to how we used to start matches!

Have a feeling, if we don't put in a 100% performance and win on Saturday, the crowd will turn on Eddie and the team big time...........the fans will back the team as it did against Brighton, but we must fly at Villa from the beginning. .....over to you Eddie

;