Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth

Would agree, the little niggles seem to vome from nowhere and frustrate us fans more. A 'big' injury seems more obvious and is easier to visualise and empathise with. These little bits a reminiscent of Mings, maybe that would be a better comparison than Wilson

They're just not a team I particularly fear, even away. As long as we don't have any brain farts there's no reason we can't get something from this game.

---------------Boruc--------------
Smith---Mepham--Ake---Daniels
-------Gosling-----Surman-------
Ibe---------Mousset---------Fraser
----------------King----------------

Subs: Begovic, Clyne, Rico, Simpson, Taylor, Solanke, Surridge

Saying that last season’s 3-0 loss there was the worst I had seen us play for sometime.

...maybe 3-5-2

Boruc

Clyne/Mepham/Daniels

Fraser/Gosling/Surman/Ake/Smith

King/Solanke

Snubs: Begovic/Taylor/Ibe/Simpson/Rico/Mousset & Surridge

Seems to me that although Wilson has had some long absences due to his two knees, he's been relatively consistent otherwise. Whereas Stanislas seems to be constantly in and out of the team with minor injuries.
Agreed, and the other impression I get is that it takes Stan much longer to get back to his best once he's back in the side

I don't think arsenal are much better than the likes of us, Watford, Everton and wolves. For me we should line up with a 5-4-1

Boruc

Clyne
Mepham
Ake
Simpson
Smith

Ibe
Gosling
Surman
Fraser

King

Begovic Daniels Rico Ofoborh Taylor Mousset Solanke.

Seems to me that although Wilson has had some long absences due to his two knees, he's been relatively consistent otherwise. Whereas Stanislas seems to be constantly in and out of the team with minor injuries.

The issue with Stanislas is that he comes back from injury, takes a few games to get back up to speed, then has 2 or 3 good games - and then gets injured again!

Gotta admit, when you look at that line-up, it resembles more a cup team than a league team. I agree with the prevailing thinking that Arsenal is a very middle of the road team on some days .... but we will need a combination of our best tactics, them being a little below par, and a break or two. Still, why not. I'm in for a point.

Surprised people are so dismissive of a team sitting in a champions league spot that have won 7 home league games in a row. Sure, not as good as earlier in the season, but this is a really tough game and I am not expecting much tomorrow with a weakened side.

Think 5 at the back would be a good move and then repeat for the Man City game.

Gotta admit, when you look at that line-up, it resembles more a cup team than a league team. I agree with the prevailing thinking that Arsenal is a very middle of the road team on some days .... but we will need a combination of our best tactics, them being a little below par, and a break or two. Still, why not. I'm in for a point.
I,m in for a pint tonight too.

Surprised people are so dismissive of a team sitting in a champions league spot that have won 7 home league games in a row. Sure, not as good as earlier in the season, but this is a really tough game and I am not expecting much tomorrow with a weakened side.

Think 5 at the back would be a good move and then repeat for the Man City game.

I'm dismissive of all teams tbh. I love me some aggressively blind optimism.

I'm dismissive of all teams tbh. I love me some aggressively blind optimism.

Sounds like the right attitude. I go into every afcb game thinking about how we might win it. Often don’t of course but it’s fun to dream and have a sense of anticipation. So I will still be disappointed if we don’t lose tonight....but understanding. That’s why I could never understand you know-who.

I think tonight is one of those that we would stand a chance if we had a full strength team. But you never can quite tell with Arsenal, maybe they will feel its a given three points and we can catch them on an off night. Will need everyone on their game though.

We have to play Ake at centre back really, not sure Mepham and Simpson would be quite enough if we moved Ake into midfield. So that means Gosling and Surman are the midfield duo and again, we don't have any other options unless Hyndman suddenly appeared or he put Taylor into a midfield three.

It's also a shame we don't quite have the pace in attack that we could have had but maybe keeping tight and then releasing Fraser and King could be an option, perhaps Solanke as a lone striker.

Same squad as yesterday with Surman on for Lerma & Taylor on the bench in his place. I think we can cause their defence some problems with the pace of Fraser, Solanke & King. Both looked very threatening in the last game. The odds are very much against us but hopefully we can lull them into a false sense of security and surprise them.

Looks like this could be one of those trips. 2 minibuses, each with 2 'chairs on board. Ours arrived at DC late, someone puked in the first choice, second choice arrived with a dashboard warning light a'flashin'. Quick call into the mechanic's in Charmy. On the road now, just joined motorway at Cadnam. : )
Don't think Mr Trent is journeying with us today : ( but no stopping at Rownhams : )

I'm being a plastic tonight and not going to watch. Won't finish until 2am-ish and I've got to be up at 5 to fly back to London. In hindsight, I should have gone this morning instead!

;