Artur Boruc

If you haven’t watched the final interview with Franno on AFCBtv, I suggest you do. Franno states in no uncertain terms that the arrival of Boruc was absolutely fundamental to our becoming a successful team in the Championship. He firmly believes that and in retrospect it is hard to disagree with him. Boruc helped make us hard to beat and gave the rest of the team the belief that we could win any game.

Artur, you are another AFCB legend sir and most likely one of the very few ex AFCB players who could comfortably drink me under the table ;)

Last edited:
Blimey he must be famous.
Doing the crossword in yesterday's i paper and this clue came at 1 down:

Goalkeeper notably at Celtic, Southampton and Bournemouth who won 65 caps for Poland

One correct answer at last!!

Legia Warszawa eliminated Slavia Praga and advanced to group stage of Europa League .
Artur was big contributor in both games (2:2, 2:1) , he was a leader on and off the field.
He looked far from retirement.
Don't tell me he let 3 goals in....dear oh dear.... he's no Asmir Begovic...:grinning:
Nice to know you're keeping well

Last edited:
Legia Warszawa eliminated Slavia Praga and advanced to group stage of Europa League .
Artur was big contributor in both games (2:2, 2:1) , he was a leader on and off the field.
He looked far from retirement.
That’s nice. Any comments to make about Bournemouth?

I have great memories of Boruc. One of my favourites was this one, from the 1-1 with Man United:

United then won a penalty in the 71st minute when Adam Smith handled Paul Pogba's flick. But from the resulting spot-kick Boruc, magnificent during the match, dived to his right to keep out Ibrahimovic's effort.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39086674
That was one of the most thrilling AFCB games I've ever seen (not all for good reasons, but still!)
edit to add this:
If it was not for the brilliant saves of Boruc, United would have run away with this match.

The Cherries had conceded 51 goals in the league coming into the fixture - more than any other club - and it could have been 57 inside the first 22 minutes.

Boruc, with a strong sun in his eyes in the first half, made great saves to keep out strikes from Pogba, Rooney and then Anthony Martial. United also twice went close through Ibrahimovic.

And in the second half the Polish keeper pushed away another Pogba effort before he capped off his excellent display with a brilliant penalty save.

From United's point of view it will be a match in which they had 20 chances and only managed to convert one.

;