Asmir Begovic

So we end up with only 3 keepers.

"A club is allowed to make an emergency loan for a goalkeeper if all the professional goalkeepers at the club are unavailable due to injury, suspension or international selection.

Written evidence must be submitted to the league to permit an emergency loan though."

So if all three are out we'd likely be allowed to bring someone in, even on a short term basis. He's wasted sitting around here and it's a waste of our resources to stockpile keepers. Since both Travers and Ramsdale have been deemed at a level whereby they may play in the PL I don't see the sense in keeping Begovic around.

. Getting Begovic out and off the wage bill is an essential piece of business.

Bit of a shame how it's turned out, considering his first year with us was pretty successful. But the stats don't lie.

"There isn't a single team in this league with 4 senior goalkeepers available for selection- 4 is far too many"

Total rubbish, nearly every club had 4 when i checked their squads. some clubs even have 5 goalkeepers.

"There isn't a single team in this league with 4 senior goalkeepers available for selection- 4 is far too many"

Total rubbish, nearly every club had 4 when i checked their squads. some clubs even have 5 goalkeepers.

Nonsense. Looking at players that have been given squad numbers, no team has more than four keepers with a number assigned. Some have only two. Most have three.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/pre...0-man-utd-liverpool/rxeyckew1b691rqtqlleyzlr5

Baku is ranked 9th in the world for nightlife. At least he’ll have some good discotheques to frequent if he can’t get any football

You can’t have recall clauses in loans. You can have an option to review in January, but since it’s on loan to January anyway it’s irrelevant

This is why I think there's a genuine case to allow loans similar to old system. Yes it sucks if you sign a player on loan for the season and after four good performances the parent club comes back in for him, but it's pretty easy to do short term loans as well, for players coming back from injury, or youngsters who you think are almost ready but not quite

One month loans could work, to prevent parent clubs abusing this by structuring season loans as nine "one month" loans only allow two consecutive to a single club, maybe force parent clubs to pay all wages and not accept a loan fee if for month loan

;