Asmir Begovic

According to transfermarkt his current value is £8.5m

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/asmir-begovic/profil/spieler/33873

and compared to Artur Boruc

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vergleich/spielervergleich/statistik/def/spieler/33873&15220

and a more realistic comparison for £12m with Wojciech Szczesny who is out of favour at Arsenal

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vergleich/spielervergleich/statistik/def/spieler/33873&44058

northstandmark - 21/1/2017 18:07

Boruc dropped a bollock for the second goal. What was he doing?
I feel for him - he knows his club is bidding on a new keeper. That's got to take a certain mental toll.
For other positions, bringing a new guy in doesn't necessarily mean you're benched, but it's different for a keeper.

We've suffered with a keeper who makes far far too many mistakes at this level, for far too long now.

Having a competent game 4 or 5 times a season is not good enough.
Sign Begovic and hope he doesn't get coached out of coming for crosses.
Gomes showed us all how to dominate his pen area.

tednphil - 21/1/2017 18:35

We've suffered with a keeper who makes far far too many mistakes at this level, for far too long now.

Excuse me?? 4 or 5 times a season?? What planet are you on??

Silent AFCB - 21/1/2017 18:57

4 or 5 good games is a bit harsh. He probably costs us 4-5 results a season though.
If that's true, then the TV money from finishing a few places higher as a result of having a better (perfect?) keeper would pretty much pay for the new keeper.
Would be hard to say for sure a keeper costs 4 or 5 results though, since defenders are often jointly to blame.

tednphil leading the usual rubbish that follows when we don't win, picking on individuals rather than accepting its a team game.

Keeper and defence need to work together, I think moss has something to do with our keepers not coming for crosses, we look so nervous and teams know it now. For years we can't defend set pieces and we are not getting any better. A new keeper could well help with confidence

Are you serious? Boruc is a good keeper FFS!

afcb.czech - 21/1/2017 18:48

Probably the same one your on........as you think he is the best keeper we've ever had

tedisking - 21/1/2017 19:51

afcb.czech - 21/1/2017 18:48

Probably the same one your on........as you think he is the best keeper we've ever had

Claiming Boruc is only competent for 4 or 5 games a season is just pure nonsense.

Claiming he is the best 'keeper we've ever had is a point of opinion.

Considering he has been out first choice 'keeper for our only two seasons in the top flight that's quite a strong argument to suggest he is.

He is having a better season than last.....but his kicking is poor, and I've lost count of how many times he has flapped at crosses and shots .....but then this is just my opinion.

;