Asmir Begovic

I‘m not sure what to think about that. It could just as easily have been a hissy fit on his part because he feels he deserves to play.
On the plus side he can now get back to training with us and in all probability won‘t have to go away on international duty ever again.
If he puts in another couple of decent performances I‘ll be more than happy to hail him our first choice keeper. Few complaints so far, so well done Bego and keep up the good work !

Haven’t been able to see anything of the game so far but the COWS report suggested that he played an important role in keeping the clean sheet.
You guys seem to agree, so well done Asmir, you can obviously still do it !
Well done Bego, keep it up !

He didn't have loads to do but what he did do was excellent. Two match saving saves and excellent distribution....happy and surprised to say the real begovic is back

There are definitely some players that are possibly loving not having angry, tutting fans on their backs with every little error made... Asmir seems to be one of them...

We have a very fickle fan base and it amazes me, some of the sh*t you hear in the NS directed at out GKs...

No surprises he’s doing well in front of no one...

There are definitely some players that are possibly loving not having angry, tutting fans on their backs with every little error made... Asmir seems to be one of them...

We have a very fickle fan base and it amazes me, some of the sh*t you hear in the NS directed at out GKs...

No surprises he’s doing well in front of no one...

I've just been reading AFC Bournemouth the fall and rise and there's an interview with Kevin Bond where he's discussing us taking (a 20 year old) Begovic on loan. After a few decent performances he has one dodgy game and the fans start chanting for Neil Moss.

I'm amazed Begovic is still here after his treatment by our fans over the years. Can we not just get behind every player who is willing to pull on the shirt and try their best?

Last edited:
I've just been reading AFC Bournemouth the fall and rise and there's an interview with Kevin Bond where he's discussing us taking (a 20 year old) Begovic on loan. After a few decent performances he has one dodgy game and the fans start chanting for Neil Moss.

That’s taken out of context.

Bond signed a goalkeeper on loan when we already had two other decent enough goalkeepers. We started the season with as many goalkeepers in the squad as strikers, it was a totally pointless and brainless signing.

The disgruntlement was partly at Bond and at Begovic. He had two almighty blunders, if he was “one of our own” like Ramsdale, with a fan base not at odds with the management, then there wouldn’t have been the backlash at such a young goalkeeper.

Physically it was obvious he had all the attributes to be a top class goalkeeper, but it was the wrong signing for us and we didn’t need to give him a chance to make his mistakes with us.

That’s taken out of context.

Bond signed a goalkeeper on loan when we already had two other decent enough goalkeepers. We started the season with as many goalkeepers in the squad as strikers, it was a totally pointless and brainless signing.

The disgruntlement was partly at Bond and at Begovic. He had two almighty blunders, if he was “one of our own” like Ramsdale, with a fan base not at odds with the management, then there wouldn’t have been the backlash at such a young goalkeeper.

Physically it was obvious he had all the attributes to be a top class goalkeeper, but it was the wrong signing for us and we didn’t need to give him a chance to make his mistakes with us.

From his perspective the fans got on his back from the moment he made the errors. In hindsight we should not be making excuses for that behaviour regardless of context.

Add to that some of the anti-Begovic rubbish I have read on social media recently including this message board before he was even given a chance to win back the shirt.

All keepers go through tricky periods whether it's because of injury, confidence or mental health. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we often don't know the bigger picture. As fans the best thing you can do is support the XI on the pitch.

Begovic has never been a problem..!

The defenders that have been in front of him..most definitely have.

It was as Simple as That... now the defence is seemingly more solid...he is getting clean sheets...simple as that.

Its as Simple as That....I love that phrase....I'm gonna use it incessantly through this season....

Last edited:
From his perspective the fans got on his back from the moment he made the errors. In hindsight we should not be making excuses for that behaviour regardless of context.

Add to that some of the anti-Begovic rubbish I have read on social media recently including this message board before he was even given a chance to win back the shirt.

All keepers go through tricky periods whether it's because of injury, confidence or mental health. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we often don't know the bigger picture. As fans the best thing you can do is support the XI on the pitch.

INSIDE a football stadium of course, on a message board people are going to vent their opinions.

As for Begovic, when you do an interview basically admitting that you despise football supporters you can hardly expect universal support from those people..

That throw out to put Surridge away caught everyone out, unfortunately that included Surridge who was just caught offside.

We would have lost but for those crucial stops from Begovic who was the only player on our side alert after the international break.

Begovic has never been a problem..!

The defenders that have been in front of him..most definitely have.

It was as Simple as That... now the defence is seemingly more solid...he is getting clean sheets...simple as that.

Its as Simple as That....I love that phrase....I'm gonna use it incessantly through this season....

If only it was "as simple as that"
Don't think the defence was responsible for his miss kick at home to West Ham which gifted them a goal, or the several flaps at crosses into box, or the number of times he has been beaten on near post shots.
Asmir did suffer a crisis of confidence and was rightly dropped/withdrawn from the microscope.
Like most others I have been pleasantly surprised by his positive start to the season and Hope he gives the rest of the squad real belief that we can have a successful campaign.
Let's be honest Asmir has spent most of his career in the top level, he could have sulked but has got his head down and is setting a good example.
TAKE NOTE..... JOSH. KING

Asmir seems much more confident and looks to be enjoying himself.

Perhaps also the penny has dropped that if he wants a decent contract next year, whether here or elsewhere, he needs to impress this season.

I don't think anyone can genuinely question the decision to drop him at the time.

I don't think anyone genuinely question the decision to give the number one spot to Ramsdale last season.

I don't think anyone can question that Begovic has it in him to be an absolute top class keeper, even at PL level.

I don't think anyone can question that he's looked a different player so far this season to the one that appeared for us when he last played.

I'm delighted he's turned it around. If he reproduces his Stoke PL form for us this season he'll be utterly immense at Championship level. I guess the big test for him will be how he reacts when a mistake happens, since they happen to everyone at some point. I wish him nothing but good thoughts and the best of luck whilst he's wearing the AFCB shirt.

Begovic is like Marmite. Love him or hate him. Previously I was not enamored with his flapping at the ball and not seeming to command the area like a keeper should. However he seems to have upped his game this season. Whether it's the lack of crowd abuse or training I don't know. There is a very good keeper in there and I hope he can keep showing his current form.

Thought his quick distribution was very good yesterday - the throw to set up a Danjuma counter attack was boruc-like

;