Asmir Begovic

I've never had a major problem with him, Rambomania took over and easy to forget he did perform a service for us before that.

Keepers often blow hot and cold on confidence, look at Kasper Schmeichel , his father Peter was probably the last goalkeeping great in the Premier League, the rest all have their moments.

He's with us , get behind him while he has a role to play, polls won't help anybody, it's not like he's a Fraser and set out to have bad games.

I still think the experience right this moment of Begovic is better than Travers one costly mistake could shake him for good. How many keepers have been ruined by one calamity, ok calamity James made a masterpiece of the title, but think England Prospects.

Outfield players get a lot more rope.

Strange how against Boro an accomplished display suddenly turned into a very uncertain end to the game. Really alarming how it changed.

Of course we support him but no doubt that he deserved to be dropped a couple of seasons ago as he made some poor errors.

Strange how against Boro an accomplished display suddenly turned into a very uncertain end to the game. Really alarming how it changed.

Of course we support him but no doubt that he deserved to be dropped a couple of seasons ago as he made some poor errors.

Are there good errors then?

One thing I've always thought about any keeper is the organisational skills that for us as fans can be almost impossible to see or hear and even if we do we can't really know how good it is. Some of the best keepers were so good because they could read the play and marshall their defense so that it limited the actual work they had to do.
Did sometimes wonder how good Ramsdale was on that side of things. Could be a reason why the defense looked so solid against Norwich?

Would seem that from AFCB website, Asmir is committed to the cause and will be here the whole season and as our number 1.
Let's get behind him, what's the guy done wrong to deserve all the negative comments?
He's not a player to sulk, not play etc unlike a certain FEEMAN!.

I keep on looking at this thread hoping that at long last he is off our books. His original loan spell from Pompey was a total disaster and surely Eddie must have remembered that but sadly he signed him. More disasters and he was deservedly dropped and farmed out to keep him from cluttering up the place.

All keepers make mistakes but he seems more error prone than most. Does not inspire any form of confidence watching him with his lead filled legs, inability to catch a ball and punches like last week that went no where.

We have a long history of good keepers he is not one further hampered by big wages.

Would seem that from AFCB website, Asmir is committed to the cause and will be here the whole season and as our number 1.
Let's get behind him, what's the guy done wrong to deserve all the negative comments?
He's not a player to sulk, not play etc unlike a certain FEEMAN!.

I wouldn't sulk either, not at £50k a week
(I'll get behind him but hoped he'd be moved on so we could get in someone better and at half the cost)

I wouldn't sulk either, not at £50k a week
(I'll get behind him but hoped he'd be moved on so we could get in someone better and at half the cost)
The club offered him this wage when he signed, a certain FRASER was on this or more wasn't he, but sulked, said he didn't play for the team, didn't want a new contract worth a reported 75k plus a week.
Haven't seen Asmir behave like that.
Money in football these days is crazy.
If there is one positive thing to come out of this Covid is hopefully wages etc won't be so high and players can actually play for the love of the game and not money.
Have to say over the years I have lost alot of interest in the Premier league with quite how stupid the wages, transfer fees etc have gone.
Understand alot is sponsorships etc but when you consider Consultants /Doctors save peoples lives and get next to nothing compared to what most of the prem players get a week it's just crazy!

If we moved Asmir on, we would have had to buy another keeper which would cost millions for a experienced one which we would need and also in sure a long contract.
So paying Asmir 50k a week (how does anyone actually know what he or other players are on?!) might not be so bad.

Anyway up the cherries.

3-1 tonight!!

He hasn’t filled me with confidence a number of times but I’m certainly in the camp of he’s the best keeper on our books at the moment (just shades it over Travers) and therefore I’ll 100% back him.

In a way its a good job there's no crowds there as I think we all know how our supporters would react to him if he made the slightest error. Even Boruc got dogs abuse from our wonderful support.

He's kept 2 clean sheets out of 3 starts and like Blandford Cherry, feel more comfortable with him in goal over Travers, I think he commands his area better, which is probably down to experience....Travers' time will come, but right now if we're going to pay him that much....we might as well play him.

The fact that we can’t seem to move him on tells its own story.

He may have experience, but his performances do not inspire confidence in either the fans, or more importantly, the defenders in front of him.

I get the jitters every time the ball goes near him to be honest.

;