Asmir Begovic

Difficult to replace that type of quality ....although the fact that we're going to be set up more defensively might compensate for that tbf...
Nice that Parker has discussed with you how the team will set up this season. You must be close, which makes your almost irrational dislike of him even more bizarre

Seems it is a free transfer them. I understand the reasons, but disappointed not to get at least a nominal fee.

Thanks for your efforts Begs.

I think it's a big mistake even if it is a high earner off wage bill and even if we do get Woodman he's nowhere near Begovic level and how many times did Begovic save us last season? Must've been worth 10 points which saw us make the playoffs

Yeah it's a tough one Vlad.

The future of our football club in the next few years or keeping a player who's on far too much bunce every week in the Championship.

Nice that Parker has discussed with you how the team will set up this season. You must be close, which makes your almost irrational dislike of him even more bizarre
Lol more hypocritical wittering ....how do we discuss how we think a manager will set us up if not looking at how he did so at his previous team?
I don't know where you"ve got the idea I dislike him....I may dislike his tactics but that's as far as any criticism from me will go....... it's not like I called him a "sun tanned clown' is it Waza?

Lol more hypocritical wittering ....how do we discuss how we think a manager will set us up if not looking at how he did so at his previous team?
I don't know where you"ve got the idea I dislike him....I may dislike his tactics but that's as far as any criticism from me will go....... it's not like I called him a "sun tanned clown' is it Waza?
The trouble with Waz is the way he constructs his comments. Usually full of knockdowns to any who do not agree.
Yes Waz, you are full on drama queen.
But then again, according to you Waz, I’m a dirty old man. Brilliant!!

Yeah it's a tough one Vlad.

The future of our football club in the next few years or keeping a player who's on far too much bunce every week in the Championship.

You could argue that the future health of our club is getting back into PL and you need a good GK to save you at times. Not that in any way a player on 40k a week who did contribute is at fault for the complete incompetence from the board with overpaid signings, agent fees. big board bonuses and player wages in the PL for players who did nothing to contribute.

I think it's a big mistake even if it is a high earner off wage bill and even if we do get Woodman he's nowhere near Begovic level and how many times did Begovic save us last season? Must've been worth 10 points which saw us make the playoffs
True and understand what your saying but he’s on massive wages. To get him off the books has to be done.
Future of the club is more important than one player.

Good luck to Asmir good servant, on his day a top class shot stopper we probably will never see of that ilk again. I loved Boruc personality but Begovic is technically the best keeper we've ever had. Obviously he's going to get good money at Everton but probably will only play in the Cups with Pickfords form for England.

True and understand what your saying but he’s on massive wages. To get him off the books has to be done.
Future of the club is more important than one player.

Like I said though the future of our club didn't depend on a 40k a week keeper it depended on years of bad buying and pisstaking from the board. Mostyn and Blake are on more than 40k a week this upcoming Championship season as are few others, they should go for the benefit of our long term future.

Like I said though the future of our club didn't depend on a 40k a week keeper it depended on years of bad buying and pisstaking from the board. Mostyn and Blake are on more than 40k a week this upcoming Championship season as are few others, they should go for the benefit of our long term future.
Excluding the board etc if we have a keeper on 60k a week in this league, then those wages could be better used elsewhere .

Excluding the board etc if we have a keeper on 60k a week in this league, then those wages could be better used elsewhere .

He wasn't on 60, his wages got halved when we got relegated to 40k, yeh its alot but in the grand scheme of things it's not much compared to all the money wasted by this club and all the fake promises and what he offered to our team which is a Sound Goalkeeper. It just seems to matter more now that we don't have the PL money when in reality it should matter even if you're the richest club in the world because it a business aswell as a club for the fans. When we were close to being relegated to the Conference we had Anderton on 15k pay as you play, he was a great player though as his last game proved but I imagine our relegation rivals that year Chester and Grimsby were paying their best players £1k tops.

Even as good as he was last season he was no way worth the colossal expense.

He gets 2 seasons of free money.

Everton only losers here.

Tbf a lot of the elite, possibly even some of engelicals predicted this kind of thing if we didn't go straight back up.

Things were always going to get tighter financially if we didn't bounce straight back to the pl.

;