Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth

Hard fought win....Villa remind me of Stoke....actually very similar match to our away game against Stoke a couple of seasons ago.

You're spot on there; two early goals by us (including a penalty), a second half goal by the opposition, and all against a team that is destined for relegation!

We don’t make it easy for ourselves do we ? We let them right back into it, gave them hope and in the end hung on by our fingernails. Lots to improve upon. The interplay of the front three is sloppy, hardly a single pass properly weighted. With a better passing touch I think we could have scored a few more, we often created good chances only to blow them with a poor final ball. We’ll come home with three points and plenty to work on in the next week. Heard the travelling support clearly on the TV, kudos to you all, you helped the lads over the line.
Now to lie down in a dark room and get my blood pressure back to mere hypertension ;)
:utc::wahey:

Happy with the three points ...but ....Villa were there for the taking . We made really hard work of that .
That last lofted ball into the area had Villa goal all over it .

Great result. Think villa with that home support will win a lot of home games this season. 4 points from two potential ‘banana-skin’ games from newly promoted sides is a decent start.

Happy with the three points ...but ....Villa were there for the taking . We made really hard work of that .
That last lofted ball into the area had Villa goal all over it .
LOL i know.....i was thinking 'how may times does this happen to us'....fully expected it to go in.....

Both this week and last were potential massive banana skins. Promoted "big" teams still in euphoria from promotion, particularly today away.

4 points from the two games will do nicely without us fully gelled yet. I think we can start to settle into the season now.

Well ground out in the end and I thought we were ok defensively. Lacking something going forward with Fraser particularly poor.

Lerma and Smith excellent.

Eddie on Billing, no option but to take him off, he wouldn’t have been able to play his natural game.

Eddie really pleased with how we handled last 15 minutes.

I think its a 3-2 scoreline next up....

You have to fancy Aguero and Sterling one each..
Cant make my mind up for our 3... but maybe Solanke his first PL goal ..and one each from Fraser and any Wilson will do !!!

;