Atmosphere

Andy Townsend on talksport this morning mentioned Virginia tec’ running out to Metallica, Enter Sandman.
Gave it a look on YouTube.
Got to say it’s pretty impressive.
Mind you, it’s a great song.

What happened to the Fan Engagement Group?
Not sure Rob, never heard of it to be honest.
There’s something on cows today about some
fan involvement.
My post above was just because I watched it and thought it was good.
Also watched another one where they come out to Jump Around. A couple of old gits like me in the crowd giving it some as well. :bounce:

I wonder if the fans representing us read this message board first?

• The group agreed that the atmosphere pre-match is much better; the videos, music, Great Escape and red flag are all helping towards building this.

• The group agreed that the atmosphere pre-match is much better; the videos, music, Great Escape and red flag are all helping towards building this.
Oh my days...

Is 'anyone' on the SEG a member of this board...? Genuine question...?

I would seriously like to understand where they are getting the data from that supports the current pre-match atmosphere generators...

Not one person I have spoken to at the ground, and the vast majority on here do not like what is going on pre-match...?

Last edited:
Andy Townsend on talksport this morning mentioned Virginia tec’ running out to Metallica, Enter Sandman.
Gave it a look on YouTube.
Got to say it’s pretty impressive.
Mind you, it’s a great song.
It is impressive yes, but they also have 70-90k fans bouncing and singing along to it... Can't imagine DC will ever generate that sort of thing... and again, do we want that sort of thing... Bit too razzmatazz for my liking...

... and yeah, it's an awesome song :)

Oh my days...

Is 'anyone' on the SEG a member of this board...? Genuine question...?

I would seriously like to understand where they are getting the data from that supports the current pre-match atmosphere generators...

Not one person I have spoken to at the ground, and the vast majority on here do not like what is going on pre-match...?

I know one member and they think the pre match entertainment stinks the place out

Obviously to polite to mention it

I 100% get what you're saying but we might have our work cut out trying to workaround "Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh!"

Anyone (still) for 'Here come the Cherries' :throw:...
Wont need a workaround, that last bit is replaced by clap,clap,clap,clap,clap - clap,clap,clap,clap - Bournemouth, and I'm all for it !
Also 'Here come the Cherries' to be honest - it's a bit lame, yes, but it is at least ours and a bit of history

I know one member and they think the pre match entertainment stinks the place out

Obviously to polite to mention it
Isn't the whole point of being on this group to voice the fans' opinion... and if they did voice their opinion, it's clearly been conveniently ignored in favour of what the club wants...

I can see a polite but strongly worded email to Jim coming... :)

Wont need a workaround, that last bit is replaced by clap,clap,clap,clap,clap - clap,clap,clap,clap - Bournemouth, and I'm all for it !
Also 'Here come the Cherries' to be honest - it's a bit lame, yes, but it is at least ours and a bit of history

Agreed, I was more meaning that it would take some good audio editing to get it to work well...

As lame as it is, I actually think introducing something like 'Here come the cherries' and persisting with it could work... As you said... It's unique to us... It's historic and has several sections where the crowd can start to make it their own... It's not forced as it's a song made for this club... Dare I say, strategically position close to KO I genuinely think it would be a million times better than the current offering...

I’ve often defended the music pre match being a bit loud. But today for the video montage of goals against Wolves was absolutely ridiculous, could be very damaging to kids ears let alone my own that still hurt.

;