Back him or sack him?

Back, sack or….(not crack)

• Back him

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Sack him

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters
My thoughts exactly- or if not “must win” then at least “must fight and have a go.”
Was going to post similar. I can take losing if the team put a performance and a shift in. As a fan that's the least that I expect.

I voted back him simply because I don't see the point in sacking a manager just as the window closes. Might as well give him a few games against lesser teams to see if he can turn things around. If performances are still abject then he will have to go.

Was going to post similar. I can take losing if the team put a performance and a shift in. As a fan that's the least that I expect.

I voted back him simply because I don't see the point in sacking a manager just as the window closes. Might as well give him a few games against lesser teams to see if he can turn things around. If performances are still abject then he will have to go.

I agree in principe. But if at the end of a transfer window the manager is saying he can't work with the tools he has then there's no point in him being here. For me, his recent comments are totally unacceptable and make his position pretty untenable.

Find a hungry, less ego-driven manager who at least believes we have a chance and can motivate the players to give their all. If we still go down, fine. Then reassess at the end of the season.

As much as I want him to succeed I just don't think he's the long term man for us !
He does seem to use all the excis3s possibly. Funny when we went up with Eddie we most definitely on paper had a worse team .
I think he might be a bit of a JT,a good coach but not manager ..
It's clear that he's not happy with the direction the board /club want to go , he did the job at hand to get us up .. but it's obvious now he's not the man to take us forward sadly.
Not sure who's out there?!
I think the board need to be transparent in where they see the club in 2 or 3 seasons.. the goal was premier league last year , but what is it now we are there ?! No one seems to know.. even Scott Parker !

Hope I'm proved very wrong and Parker is the man for us .. but I think he's already lost the dressing room maybe !?

Waz seems to know everything about football, maybe they could approach him for some help. Worried about his man managment skills thou, he might just end up locked in the ice box.

Back him, it's still early days and none of us expected to be much better off than we are now, with the opening schedule we had.

Sack him if it is Max's intent to be a yoyo club because I already get the feeling that SP's ego will not let him be that manager.
If that is the intent, best to get somebody in asap who won't slag off the players and the board and simply accepts that it is his job to get the best out of the players at his disposal. If that's relegation, at least everyone gave 100%. If it's survival in the PL that is a huge bonus. In that case we'd definitely need a manager who can take relegation from the PL on the chin and stick around to get us back up again the following season.

For me personally, knowing what I currently know, we should back him for a while.
But Max might have different ideas to SP already, in which case we need to get the right man in for that job asap and not waste time !

He apparently came from a sh#tshow of a transfer strategy after promotion to the PL at Fulham with broken promises etc to signing a contract with us. He must have talked in length with our board to have signed a contract on the back of a 3 or 5 year plan. I can't believe our board said to him " let's just get the first season out of the way and see where we are ", he'd have run a mile. So who's backtracked on the so called plan, Parker or the board ?

He apparently came from a sh#tshow of a transfer strategy after promotion to the PL at Fulham with broken promises etc to signing a contract with us. He must have talked in length with our board to have signed a contract on the back of a 3 or 5 year plan. I can't believe our board said to him " let's just get the first season out of the way and see where we are ", he'd have run a mile. So who's backtracked on the so called plan, Parker or the board ?
This is what doesn’t make sense, something really doesn’t add up here.

He engineered the move away from Fulham allegedly because he didn’t have enough of a say in their transfer strategy. As you say, they must have spoken at length about the intended strategy in the transfer market going forward. If it was going to be no better here then why did he come? All the talk when he arrived was of a ‘project,’ how can it be possible to be only a year into that project and Parker and the board being so far apart in what they want to do?

The way Parker is coming out bleating, it would suggest the board.

Having said that, I don't agree with the way Parker is airing his grievances.

This is what doesn’t make sense, something really doesn’t add up here.

He engineered the move away from Fulham allegedly because he didn’t have enough of a say in their transfer strategy. As you say, they must have spoken at length about the intended strategy in the transfer market going forward. If it was going to be no better here then why did he come? All the talk when he arrived was of a ‘project,’ how can it be possible to be only a year into that project and Parker and the board being so far apart in what they want to do?

Kris Temple's tweet suggests Parker was given a lot of say in transfer strategy. However, seeing as that strategy appears to have been signing players on long-term contracts, then a few months later publicly calling them not good enough, Max seems to, understandably, be rethinking that position.

I also find it very difficult to believe that the board's intention to prioritise off-field investment over expensive transfers wasn't communicated to him. But then who knows.

Kris Temple's tweet suggests Parker was given a lot of say in transfer strategy. However, seeing as that strategy appears to have been signing players on long-term contracts, then a few months later publicly calling them not good enough, Max seems to, understandably, be rethinking that position.

I also find it very difficult to believe that the board's intention to prioritise off-field investment over expensive transfers wasn't communicated to him. But then who knows.
This is my whole point. Coherent strategy joined up from top to bottom. I don’t really care what it is. If it’s we want to build facilities over short term giving players salaries to buy houses in Sandbanks when they can hardly shave then I’m totally happy with that. But if that’s the case sign more young players like Tavernier not injury prone older players or 26/27 year olds that have never played in the Prem like Rothwell, Marcondes and Dembele.

Buy the best young talent in Championship and League One and employ a coach who loves developing talent and not one that bleats continually about how his side can’t compete destroying their morale. You could forgive them if Parker hadn’t done the same thing very publically in his last job. Have a strategy, communicate it and stick to it.

The fact that he's wearing his £1,000 cardigan, during a heatwave, speaks volumes. It does rather suggest he's very image driven.
Maybe this should go back to his Lordship.
Is Parker all fur coat and no knickers?

;