Bartłomiej Drągowski

The vibe I’m getting from the more reliable journalists is we are fairly relaxed about the GK situation. Of course we’ve made a few enquiries but seems very much a “nice to have” rather than “sign urgently”. Expecting a midfielder to be the main priority now.

I'm not sure it does, it's a catch 22, if he's 4/5th choice then he'll sulk. But given form over last two seasons can we trust him to be 1st choice?? I think not so for me better to let him go. All that said, if he has a cracking pre-season and is up for it then I'm right behind him

alex crook directly answered a tweet of mine earlier today, saying we have no interest in dragowski and stories linking us to him are not genuine

I'm not sure it does, it's a catch 22, if he's 4/5th choice then he'll sulk. But given form over last two seasons can we trust him to be 1st choice?? I think not so for me better to let him go. All that said, if he has a cracking pre-season and is up for it then I'm right behind him
Agree. Arter at his best ? Yes please !!! Arter from his final season and a half, getting increasingly frustrated because he's not getting picked and then when he does get picked failing to seize the opportunity or contribute anything at all, no thanks.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Harry but my instinct is that he will be too far down the pecking order to be happy staying here. I think he will probably get another loan somewhere where he can expect to be a more regular starter. I'm sure Eddie will be honest with him about his chances and that will determine which path Harry chooses to take.

To be honest surprised Harry Arter is still with our club.

He now lives in London near family.

Thought he would be a Fulham player by now.

Is it he wants a Premier League club still?

The depth chart with regards to midfield options if we signed Billing is:

Lerma
Cook
Billing
Gosling
Surman
Arter

Personally I think we could afford to lose Arter and not replace him if we have the other 5. Of course Brooks is always an option centrally too. We’d need to trim the squad in other areas if we wanted the luxury of a 6th midfielder to keep within the squad limit

The vibe I’m getting from the more reliable journalists is we are fairly relaxed about the GK situation. Of course we’ve made a few enquiries but seems very much a “nice to have” rather than “sign urgently”. Expecting a midfielder to be the main priority now.
This would be my preference as well.
A first team level midfielder is more important and influential to outcomes...more so than the minor difference in abilities between Begovic/Boruc/Butland etc.

To be honest surprised Harry Arter is still with our club.

He now lives in London near family.

Thought he would be a Fulham player by now.

Is it he wants a Premier League club still?
It's possible that 6 months away has been refreshing for him, change as good as rest and all that.

The ideal would be a first team ready midfielder like Lerma. Probably costs 15m+. However, an interesting hypothetical thought/choice for me is:

The known quantity of Arter, with all that entails. Experienced, fairly solid, yet inconsistent. No financial outlay.

A young up and coming signing, 5-10m who could be superb or who could totally flop.

Could be, maybe being at Cardiff has taught him that the grass isn't always greener. If living in London reduces the pain of Renee, and if he doesn't mind commuting down to train and play then why not, there's few of you guys that commute the other direction

I suppose he could commute on the train,they dont train until about 10-30 ,its quite tough travelling 4-5 hours per day though,i used to do it for a few months but i did have to get there for 8 and finish at 5.
I think he will get a season long loan with Scotty at Fulham.

Well driving to Cardiff can't be much easier than driving to Bournemouth, though I heard Warnock would allow him an extra day off because of the travel. Would agree about Fulham being a good place for him, especially given where he's living, he's just round the corner

Well driving to Cardiff can't be much easier than driving to Bournemouth, though I heard Warnock would allow him an extra day off because of the travel. Would agree about Fulham being a good place for him, especially given where he's living, he's just round the corner
Think he would stay in Cardiff for 3 days a week too....probably leading up to a game.....like you say it wouldn't be any more difficult doing that here.

With Lewis out for a couple of months yet it would be sensible to keep Harry at the club. We could always sell or loan him out in January if things don't work out for him.

...I doubt very much that Harry will ever play for us again, at least I can't see it given all the water that has passed under the bridge.

Eddie will keep faith with Gosling or Surman if they are still here come August's kick off.

;