Ben Davies?

Well we still need recruits to make up for the 10 players we've lost since last season.

Fair point! I’m sure we can find better value than this although I am pleased that the club seems to be still aiming reasonably high with its recruitment.

...JT says no signings are imminent, and I believe him, I think that he is going to go with a smaller squad and rely on a youngster or two coming through?...unless Brooks..Lerma...King..Begovic..Rico and anyone else gets snapped up soon???

When the window shuts I just hope that the likes of King and Begovic just get on with earning their salaries with us until January's window opens!

...JT says no signings are imminent, and I believe him, I think that he is going to go with a smaller squad and rely on a youngster or two coming through?...unless Brooks..Lerma...King..Begovic..Rico and anyone else gets snapped up soon???

When the window shuts I just hope that the likes of King and Begovic just get on with earning their salaries with us until January's window opens!

I think we're keeping our cards close to our chests. I'd be really surprised if we don;t see at least 2 new signings by the time the deadline passes.

Kris Temple confirms Davies is top of a shortlist of 3 or 4 options at centre back and expects us to make another move.

Interesting. Reports in the week indicated he was settled on the idea of a Jan precontract with Celtic.

Can't see us going in for him again unless we've had some indication he'd consider coming.

He's starting for Preston today.

Being linked with our club again.

Out of contract in Summer.

Echo.

However, his contract with the Lilywhites is understood to be expiring this summer, with Mail Online claiming he has turned down the latest contract offer from the Lancashire club.

The same report says Cherries, Sheffield United, Celtic and Belgian club Genk are all interested in Davies.

Possibly back at the front of the queue as things are a little uncertain at Celtic right now, only this time for both centre back Ben Davies and central midfielder Ben Pearson.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...celtic-discord-with-late-window-double-swoop/

Would be an interesting development and may explain the rumours around Gosling and Billing.
If we can get those two in it would definitely strengthen us for the next season or two, particularly if we miss promotion and have to let a couple of our higher earning players go to cover costs. If the price is right I think this would be a good move for the next couple of seasons, wherever we end up playing.

Possibly back at the front of the queue as things are a little uncertain at Celtic right now, only this time for both centre back Ben Davies and central midfielder Ben Pearson.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...celtic-discord-with-late-window-double-swoop/

Would be an interesting development and may explain the rumours around Gosling and Billing.
We do have a habit of buying anyone who plays well against us tbf.....Ben Pearson was surperb against us......reminds me of a peak Arter.

Would seem a bit strange though having just bought CCV as well. That would be 5 CBs, unless we're officially classing Kelly as a LB now...

I agree that this would seem good strengthening for the future though as if we dont get promoted I think we'll ship a few more out the door for sure...

Would seem a bit strange though having just bought CCV as well. That would be 5 CBs, unless we're officially classing Kelly as a LB now...

I agree that this would seem good strengthening for the future though as if we dont get promoted I think we'll ship a few more out the door for sure...
You reminded me of something I wanted to ask SJL. Have we actually signed CCV ? I know transfer speculation was that Simpson would be sold and that would open the door to a contract for CCV but did it actually happen ? I can't recall the club making an announcement about it, or did I just miss it in all of the transfer window excitement ?

As far as I am aware he is currently still only on loan to us.

You reminded me of something I wanted to ask SJL. Have we actually signed CCV ? I know transfer speculation was that Simpson would be sold and that would open the door to a contract for CCV but did it actually happen ? I can't recall the club making an announcement about it, or did I just miss it in all of the transfer window excitement ?

As far as I am aware he is currently still only on loan to us.

Hmmm, I was sure it was announced we'd signed him for an undisclosed, however, wiki still has him down as being on loan for the season... So I don't know actually...

CCV hasn't signed on a permanent deal yet but it appears Simpson is definitely out the door and with S Cook out of contract in the summer, if we don't go up then our our CD options next season would be:

Mepham, CCV, Kelly, Davies

Not excessive, especially if Tindall is still wedded to three at the back.

If we do go up and manage to retain S Cook then it's added depth within the kind of budget the PL gives you.

CCV hasn't signed on a permanent deal yet but it appears Simpson is definitely out the door and with S Cook out of contract in the summer, if we don't go up then our our CD options next season would be:

Mepham, CCV, Kelly, Davies

Not excessive, especially if Tindall is still wedded to three at the back.

If we do go up and manage to retain S Cook then it's added depth within the kind of budget the PL gives you.
If we don't go up ,will JT still be here ?

;