Ben Davies?

All with strong players aggressively attacking the ball, we haven't got any defenders to counter this, other teams take advantage of it and commentators have mentioned it.

Well it at the very least confirms that the pre-contract has yet to be signed. Surely he would be wise to talk to us and hear what we can offer before committing to Celtic ?

I'd say that if we manage to convince him, we can still get him. I'm sure we'll still be negotiating with his agent until his future is set in stone.

All joking aside about Scottish football, I can see why he, or any player, would want to go to either of the Glasgow sides, probably more Rangers atm, with the chance of CL football and to work with a probably future England manager.

Davies must also realise that we're going to have the big push this season for the PL and if we fail this year, it will probably be a much tougher prospect next term... He could end up leaving Deepdale and be markedly worse off in 6 months, whereas at Celtic, he knows he'll be pushing for titles year in year out...

I really hope we can pull this one out the bag, but I'd be very shocked if we do...

All joking aside about Scottish football, I can see why he, or any player, would want to go to either of the Glasgow sides, probably more Rangers atm, with the chance of CL football and to work with a probably future England manager.

Davies must also realise that we're going to have the big push this season for the PL and if we fail this year, it will probably be a much tougher prospect next term... He could end up leaving Deepdale and be markedly worse off in 6 months, whereas at Celtic, he knows he'll be pushing for titles year in year out...

I really hope we can pull this one out the bag, but I'd be very shocked if we do...
Surely not ... he has a decent chance of promotion with us and then really gets in the shop window (and in the money). I've watched a fair amount of SPL (relatives in Aberdeen) and it's tame, often feeble stuff. Stay down south Ben!

He was born in Barrow-in-Furness, so if he still has family up there, Celtic would be a lot nearer if that came into his decision.

Doesn't sound like we conceded all that many from crosses and corners tbh. Fewer than most teams in the league I'd wager.

I thought during one of the recent games it showed the stat that Bournemouth had conceded the most goals of any team in the Championship from crosses. Not sure where to validate this though. On the plus side, if true, it must mean we are one of the best sides for conceding goals not from crosses.

I thought during one of the recent games it showed the stat that Bournemouth had conceded the most goals of any team in the Championship from crosses. Not sure where to validate this though. On the plus side, if true, it must mean we are one of the best sides for conceding goals not from crosses.

Can't find info on crosses but we're mid table on set pieces conceded and second best from open play.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021

;