Ben Davies?

I don't know why we're getting our hopes up.....the Vitals financial department have already said we've no money. ......damn.

CCV hasn't signed on a permanent deal yet but it appears Simpson is definitely out the door and with S Cook out of contract in the summer, if we don't go up then our our CD options next season would be:

Mepham, CCV, Kelly, Davies

Not excessive, especially if Tindall is still wedded to three at the back.

If we do go up and manage to retain S Cook then it's added depth within the kind of budget the PL gives you.
That was my understanding of the current situation too Kirsikka. I think we should definitely get CCV signed if he still wants to be here. I'm a bit worried that if our iffy results continue he might start looking elsewhere :( He could do a decent job for us, we now know him, he now knows us, get it done.

That was my understanding of the current situation too Kirsikka. I think we should definitely get CCV signed if he still wants to be here. I'm a bit worried that if our iffy results continue he might start looking elsewhere :( He could do a decent job for us, we now know him, he now knows us, get it done.
I reckon us signing CCV was dependant on selling Simpson to Cardiff..

For me... anything in the top 6 is regarded a successful season, especially as some had us down for falling straight through to Lg 1. Now whether that stands up in the board room also, who knows...

I'd be busting a gut to get Cook on a new contract, but I get the feeling that maybe we have tried and maybe he wants PL football again...

I get preparing for the future and if Davies and this other dude come available and are rated then definitely we should go for them... Tough to let Simpson go tho as I thought he was looking more assured as every game went by...

It could drift to a finish in the summer without him kicking another ball for the Lilywhites or there might be an exit in the latter stages of the January window if a club is prepared to stump up some cash.

Whichever scenario it is, there will be a parting of the ways to bring to a finish five years of Pearson at Deepdale.

PNE know that they can’t replace him like-for-like and they haven’t tried to do so.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/footbal...ess-view-endgame-ben-pearson-deepdale-3110055

@AnthonyRJoseph

Celtic are closing in on a pre-contract agreement to sign Preston’s Ben Davies in the summer. Talks are said to be progressing well and at an advanced stage for the 25-year-old centre-back.

;