Ben Pearson

According to the Gosling thread Gozzer wants to stay.
A bit surprised by that really. I can't see him getting much game time now. Maybe Forest's wages were too low and he preferred to keep ours for a little longer ( call me a skeptic ;) ).

Feel a bit sorry for Gosling. He hasn't done badly for us and always has a goal in him. Why buy another midfielder if we persist to play with 5 at the back anyway? Don'T really get the logic.

Feel a bit sorry for Gosling. He hasn't done badly for us and always has a goal in him. Why buy another midfielder if we persist to play with 5 at the back anyway? Don'T really get the logic.
Maybe this is an insurance policy against not getting promotion and losing one or more out of Brooks, Lerma and Cook ?

At least we have some depth now to cope with one or more of them leaving before next season and should still have a midfield good enough for this division whatever happens. Having said that, we could just as easily have given Gosling a one year extension as insurance against losing our higher rated players in the Summer. I'm sure he would have been happy to stay for another season in the Championship. But then again, Gosling isn't the future, that would only be a short-term solution.

Either way, with Wilshere coming in and now this signing, it looks as though Max is not sitting on his wallet as some had predicted. It seems as though he will continue to back us in our attempt to get out of this division ( in an UPWARDS direction !!! ;) ).

We can also hope that this is an indication that the five at the back has finally been dumped forever and we will now look to put more bodies into midfield.

Gosling has been great for us, but the future he is not... Sadly...

Next term, if we fail to achieve promotion we will lose Lerma, Wilshere, Brooks and poss L.Cook... We need to have one eye on the future as well as reinforcing a dept that we've not been great at controlling to date...

If anything, Pearson is more in line to challenge with L.Cook than anyone else...

Just been reading through 11 pages of a Preston thread about us signing him.

They really rate him and think he could have done better than our club.

So hopefully we have bought a really good nitty gritty type player who could help us get out of this league and back into the PL.

Needed some fresh blood in midfield apart from Wilshere to inject some new life.

Just been reading through 11 pages of a Preston thread about us signing him.

They really rate him and think he could have done better than our club.

So hopefully we have bought a really good nitty gritty type player who could help us get out of this league and back into the PL.

Needed some fresh blood in midfield apart from Wilshere to inject some new life.
To be fair, is there any signing we've made domestically while we were climbing the league's where the other teams supporters think their player should be doing better than little Bournemouth?

Gosling has been great for us, but the future he is not... Sadly...

Next term, if we fail to achieve promotion we will lose Lerma, Wilshere, Brooks and poss L.Cook... We need to have one eye on the future as well as reinforcing a dept that we've not been great at controlling to date...

If anything, Pearson is more in line to challenge with L.Cook than anyone else...

Insurance policy makes sense I suppose. I just don't get why Gozzo is so out of favour. He doesn't set the world on fire but he's a solid grafter and gets goals. Lerma is a liability in my opinion and hasn't lived up to his cost. I would be looking for a real left wing back...

Really like this signing. Proven top player at this level for a very average side, plus man u youth background.

He sounds well up for it, strong, committed character, winning attitude. Just what we need.

Good stuff!

Insurance policy makes sense I suppose. I just don't get why Gozzo is so out of favour. He doesn't set the world on fire but he's a solid grafter and gets [the occasional] goals. Lerma is a liability in my opinion and hasn't lived up to his cost. I would be looking for a real left wing back...

I would say you've answered your own question with what I've highlighted above... I've also added a bit to make it more realistic IMO.

The midfield pairing of this season started really well with L.Cook and Lerma switching roles teat we saw EH give them. It seemed to work for a while with Lerma Nad Cook popping up with goals... For whatever reason that hasn't continued through and we've stopped controlling the middle of the park... I think we'll lose Lerma regardless of Lg next season so Pearson's arrival can only be a good thing.

I agree that Gosling gives his all, and I too will be sad to see him go, but I think he needs to for his own career, as I just don't seem him featuring much with us anymore... and let's not forget, Dan was a forgotten man in our last championship campaign... Barely featured then either... Who knows what that means!!!

;