Benfica Friendly Sunday

You're always welcome to donate your £100 though.

You're the one signing off posts with END OF.

So I by default, wrongly assumed the confidence of your statement.

I do apologise and we will revisit your timely and relevant evaluation of JT come March 2021.

I hope you are of a similar confidence then.

I must admit to being worried that Tindall will be Bradbury-esq, in attempting more of the same as Eddie but as a pale imitation it bumps along for a bit but doesn't really work.

That is based only on my gut though, and was my worry the day of his appointment. I'm not going to make any judgements based off one friendly, that I wasn't able to watch properly. There were good and bad patches to last night it seems and I think the performance/result would have been much the same with Eddie.

Yesterday we saw a coaching staff try multiple formations during a game, shifted the positions and duties of players in game - both to a far greater degree than we're used to. Time will tell if that's a pre-season thing or a preview of a more flexible approach overall. Encouraged.

I must admit to being worried that Tindall will be Bradbury-esq, in attempting more of the same as Eddie but as a pale imitation it bumps along for a bit but doesn't really work.

That is based only on my gut though, and was my worry the day of his appointment. I'm not going to make any judgements based off one friendly, that I wasn't able to watch properly. There were good and bad patches to last night it seems and I think the performance/result would have been much the same with Eddie.
Agree with this. I feel the same way. Dragonm8's Bradbury-esque resonates with me, but as you say, with no real basis in fact, just a gut instinct. I could see JT starting well with a highly motivated squad which he more or less inherited from EH and then once teams start to figure us out and the players drop back into their comfort zone he might struggle to turn things around. Maybe we've just seen sh*t happen too often over the years and think a similar result to the last time EH left us is inevitable. Perhaps we really are tinpot fans !

I thought that last night's performance against better opposition in our first preseason friendly was absolutely on par with what we have previously shown under EH, so definitely not a bad start but many things still to work on.

I'll back JT, he's all we've got and I'm sure he has a genuine passion for the club.
Here's hoping he surprises me and makes all the right moves to keep us in the promotion hunt !

Are we really writing JT off before he's even had a chance? It seems that some on this forum love wallowing in misery. At the end of the season I'll make my mind up and not before.
:utc:
I'm not writing him off WNW, far from it, just stating that the situation is reminiscent for me of when Bradders took over for our promotion challenge when EH left for Burnley. Just saying that I could see something similar happening here, based purely on gut feeling and probably being a pessimist at heart. It seems a few of us feel that way but as far as I have read on these pages, we are all ready to back JT and hope that he proves us wrong. It just has a distinct sense of déjà vu about it, but admittedly so far that's not JT's fault at all !

There are no facts at this stage at all.

We are a newly relegated PL team, wholesaling all our best players (rightly or wrongly).

We've appointed the cone man to get us , 'back where we belong' (Demins statement).

If that was a genuine statement from our owner IMO we should have appointed someone with MANAGEMENT experience.

How did JT do at Weymouth?

That is an all round ridiculous post.

'Cone man'....who has years of experience behind Eddie and has all the coaching badges needed.

How did he do at Weymouth?? How long ago was that exactly?? Do you not think he would have learned from that experience and then everything that has happened with us since??

Crikey.

the big difference between when bradders took over and when Jason took over, when bradders got the job we were on a good run and that stopped the following season, Jason has taken over after a really shite 18 months of football where for majority of games our team played like a bunch of strangers, winning 10 games will be a improvement

the big difference between when bradders took over and when Jason took over, when bradders got the job we were on a good run and that stopped the following season, Jason has taken over after a really shite 18 months of football where for majority of games our team played like a bunch of strangers, winning 10 games will be a improvement
Yes, that's why I understand JT's appointment and I'm confident of a decent start since we are still in the midst of the fabled "new manager bounce". No doubt the players are happy and motivated and looking forward to learning a new approach to playing.
I do worry how JT will cope once the novelty has worn off but then I worry about most things, so not a criticism of him.
I'm prepared to wait and see how things unfold, perhaps JT can keep the bounce going all season long !

Yes, that's why I understand JT's appointment and I'm confident of a decent start since we are still in the midst of the fabled "new manager bounce". No doubt the players are happy and motivated and looking forward to learning a new approach to playing.
I do worry how JT will cope once the novelty has worn off but then I worry about most things, so not a criticism of him.
I'm prepared to wait and see how things unfold, perhaps JT can keep the bounce going all season long !
a good winning/unbeaten start is key as it will bring the confidence back to the team

**************** off you creep. I have been around long enough to remember the times when this club was staring oblivion in the face and your negativity and defeatism absolutely stunk out this forum.
...really? reckon that you are losing your fffffin marbles !....but then why shouldanyone expect anything different from you???

From what I remember, most realists on here thought Eddie only got the job first time round because he was cheap. He was just the "cone man" for the reserves/youth team and wasn't likely to upset his bosses. He and his right hand man did ok : )

Max has appointed a head coach, albeit his first role as Head Honcho in the Football League, with 10 years knowledge of coaching at this club. If he had appointed someone called Tason Jindall that had, the top coaching badges, 5 years Premier League coaching experience,been the number 2 at a club that had risen from 2nd bottom of the 4th Division to the EPL, won the Championship we'd be a little more confident I'm sure. : )

My view is JT is paying for past footballing sins i.e wearing an Alice band, brightly coloured boots and having an all year tan, whilst playing in the 3rd division. That sort of "metrosexual nancying around" was alright for that Beckham bloke in the Premiership but not on a cold November evening at Dean Court against Rochdale
: )

Purchase has been involved with the first team as coach of course, so that's two thirds of the manager/coach team remaining. I can't see it changing much.

What was the score? 2-1 away to Benfica. Fancy our chances with the away goal.Not to shabby at all.
Their keeper made one very good save to keep a header out ( Simpson's ? ) and stopped a second decent Danjuma shot smartly, although it was hit straight at him. So yes, on that basis we were pretty good.

We were very sloppy with the ball at times though ( something we desperately need to cut out ) and some of our playing out from the back was riding our luck a bit. Fortunately JT mentioned straight after the game that we were poor with the ball far too often, so hopefully they will work hard on that aspect moving forwards. We must stop giving the ball away so cheaply. It wasn't happening because we were trying to be brave and take people on ( which IMO is excusable ), it was happening because people weren't concentrating or communicating properly.

A decent enough first effort against a pretty strong Benfica team. I believe their first half team was actually their regular first team and apart from their speculative shots on goal they didn't cause us too many problems.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to watch the match, just saw the highlights and there were three well taken goals. Anyone know if there is a full match available somewhere?

How very final Blandford.

I merely stated my opinion.

I bet you Tindall gets sacked before the end of next season.

100 quid to the charity of our choice, should you choose to put your money where your mouth is?
I will take that bet.are we on?

Love Lerma, adjusting socks, looking up, then to the left, and a sublime pass to Rico. Really nice finish by Danjuma

;