Bill Foley

Us oldies have heard it all before......I'll believe it when sat in there for a game....that's if I live that long of course..... :ROFLMAO:
Yes. Surviving until summer 2027 could be a challenge.
Still, at least I now have something to keep going for !
Thanks Bill :thumbup:

"The current plan is for it to be 18,500 in capacity, which doesn’t sound that big an increase, but it is going to have the right hospitality, the right restaurants and it is going to be a major upgrade.”

18500... bit underwhelming but his money of course and should guarantee sell out all the time at this level I guess.

As most suspected, big focus on hospitality side. Which is fair enough imo. That will undoubtedly bring in disproportionate extra revune compared to 6-7k normal seats. What with sky money, they've probably decided spending millions more on 25k capacity simply isn't worth it maybe.

I have a feeling it won't be a souless bowl though snd will have unique, redeeming features.

Not in the mood to read, so sorry for being lazy. Assume he doesn't allude to possibility to Increase capacity down the line?

Thats about the size of Brentford ground and does OK for them. Guess with such an open site there will always be scope for an extra tier at a future stage.

Thats about the size of Brentford ground and does OK for them. Guess with such an open site there will always be scope for an extra tier at a future stage.

Yeah, I'm OK with it tbh on reflection, after previously advocating for 25k (Bill will no doubt rest easier now...).

Start compact, nice somewhat premium/individual feel perhaps. Expand, hopefully, down line.

Plus as people have suggested before, smaller ground maybe easier to get planning permission for.

I thought that this quote was interesting. It's pretty much how I thought he felt even though people were talking about Iraola coming under pressure after that slow start.

"I was sticking with Andoni … honestly, I didn’t care if we lost every game. I am convinced that his style of play is exactly what we need to be competitive"

He also made a clear statement about selling our best players when bigger clubs come knocking.

"I would say that when other teams come knocking at this point, our door is closed and it is bolted.”

He sounds very determined to keep things as they are and see how far it can take us, which is great to hear.

That’s why I mentioned on two other threads re Kelly and now Zabarnyi and Spurs interest that Bill Foley won’t sell.

Foley has said he is a winner and looking for success and eyes on Europe in a few years.

Today we have heard from the ‘horses mouth’ via the Guardian he will NOT be selling our best players.

That’s why I mentioned on two other threads re Kelly and now Zabarnyi and Spurs interest that Bill Foley won’t sell.

Foley has said he is a winner and looking for success and eyes on Europe in a few years.

Today we have heard from the ‘horses mouth’ via the Guardian he will NOT be selling our best players.
Exactly. It's what I have always thought too.
But it was nice, as you say, to hear it from the horses mouth.

I've always thought that top clubs can express a desire to buy some of our better players ( and they do ) but that's a long way from them actually BEING ABLE to buy our better players.

That's why I've never given much credence to all of this outgoing transfer speculation since Bill took over.
We're currently clearly in a team building phase and not a team taking apart phase !

As long as they can stay on the right side of FFP without selling, I wouldn't expect us to sell any of our most important players at this moment in time.

All you need to do is two taps on where it says BBC Solent Sport and as it’s pantomime season, the genie magically opens on a pic of Bill Foley on BBC Sounds.
I don't have Twitter / X but one click opens the X post in your browser and then just one click on the link to the actual interview and you're there.

I barely notice that I'm on Twitter in doing so. I don't even bother authorising cookies on their site.

Twitter is just a stepping stone to the actual content. Can't see the issue, if that's where you found it Billy. And I am an avid Twitter hater btw.

;