Bill Foley

Yes. I think we always knew that this was on the cards but here he reiterated the fact that they would be making further "improvements" to the current ground even whilst the new ground was being built. That's quite unusual but shows their level of commitment to improving our revenue asap, which of course helps with FFP for as long as we have our current smaller stadium.
Makes sense but does show their commitment because unlike Max they have no issue committing to spending money on something they do not own and in fact are anticipating vacating very soon.
I'd be concerned it's as simple as taking another haircut from the existing general capacity and offering them at higher price points with access to tents / a converted training pavilion. I wouldn't have thought we'd be talking about new building work on DC in the short term. Hope to be wrong on that though.

I rarely drink wine....much of it is over hyped on it's quality ....I just drink mainly Belgian beer and a few a English craft beers...the Cornish and Suffolk breweries are about the best currently I'd say.
I dabble in a bit of Whisky tasting, from the Scottish islands mainly...smoky, seaweedy flavours....in moderation importantly.

My sister is slowly killing herself with Wine and won't seek help....dangerous stuff...too easy to binge on.

It'll surely be east stand seats. I'm an east stander myself and I'd hardly say more corporate in there would "kill the atmosphere" besides if it gets us a new ground in the medium term is it not a necessary evil?
If you believe that a few extra seats at hundreds of pounds will get you a new ground then maybe not.

It'll surely be east stand seats. I'm an east stander myself and I'd hardly say more corporate in there would "kill the atmosphere" besides if it gets us a new ground in the medium term is it not a necessary evil?
On a different thread I said that the original plans for DC allowed for hospitality boxes along the back of the East Stand similar to those in the Main stand. As soon as the admin staff move out from the area behind the east stand I can see that happening. Needs very little structurally to enable a large area to be opened up on match days.

If you believe that a few extra seats at hundreds of pounds will get you a new ground then maybe not.

They have already increased match day revenue by a significant degree according to the recent accounts and that's before many of the current price increases and corporate sales have hit the books. It's ultimately down to them to maximise revenue and if that's what it takes to get a new ground then great.

I'm desperate for a new ground and will pay my bit.

On a different thread I said that the original plans for DC allowed for hospitality boxes along the back of the East Stand similar to those in the Main stand. As soon as the admin staff move out from the area behind the east stand I can see that happening. Needs very little structurally to enable a large area to be opened up on match days.

The training pavilion to be a supporters bar do you reckon? Part of it maybe.

No new Inn Off The Bar then. Just business types that we can all thank for getting us a new stadium ;-)

I'd be concerned it's as simple as taking another haircut from the existing general capacity and offering them at higher price points with access to tents / a converted training pavilion. I wouldn't have thought we'd be talking about new building work on DC in the short term. Hope to be wrong on that though.
It was mentioned long ago that as soon as some of the current staff have been moved to the new training complex, the offices they are currently in at DC, will be repurposed for hospitality. So that does imply some internal rejigging and building work at DC once some of the staff have moved to the new training ground.

I really don't think they will be reducing capacity from here on in, just creating more hospitality revenue with the space they'll gain when some of the staff have moved out. There might even be a new supporters bar in there, who knows ? That would be pretty cheap to set up and would be another nice little earner for the club. I'm optimistic that we'll see some positive developments at DC once the staff are moved over to the training ground :)

thats possible, can't think of any other use for it.

I know we're all supposed to spit on the floor whenever corporate hospitality is mentioned but I think the ground would look great with boxes at the back of the east. I'd love it if they somehow pulled a rabbit from a hat and came up with more capacity for us plebs too.

They have already increased match day revenue by a significant degree according to the recent accounts and that's before many of the current price increases and corporate sales have hit the books. It's ultimately down to them to maximise revenue and if that's what it takes to get a new ground then great.

I'm desperate for a new ground and will pay my bit.

I can see how that is likely to form some part of any pitch to loans and investments by Foley and co, to reduce his personal monetary commitment / liability towards any build.

Doesn't mean I like the fact that it's becoming harder for (non-ST but high points) friends and family to buy adhoc tickets as general capacity reduces.

Desperate for the proper solution in the end, as we all are.

I know we're all supposed to spit on the floor whenever corporate hospitality is mentioned but I think the ground would look great with boxes at the back of the east. I'd love it if they somehow pulled a rabbit from a hat and came up with more capacity for us plebs too.
Yeah every fans dream!

I can see how that is likely to be form some part of any pitch to loans and investments by Foley and co, to reduce his personal monetary commitment / liability towards any build.

Doesn't mean I like the fact that it's becoming harder for (non-ST but high points) friends and family to buy adhoc tickets as general capacity reduces.

Yeah it's definitely not great for it to be harder for people to get ticket but obviously this is a scenario where hopefully the end result is worth the temporary hardship.

Another floor would have to be added to the existing two storey block to achieve that RH.

I can see how that is likely to be form some part of any pitch to loans and investments by Foley and co, to reduce his personal monetary commitment / liability towards any build.

Counter argument of course is that there will be more hospitality places available, so the well-heeled amongst us will at least have a decent chance of seeing a game, even if we have to eat a three course meal before we get to see it :p

Said in jest of course, I'm skint, but if I really saw no other alternative and a hospitality option was available for the game I was interested in, then for me it would prove to be a good thing that the club is expanding its hospitality offering. As you say, as long as it's not at the expense of the non-hospitality side of things, they should knock themselves out !

I thought at one stage they said it was going to be transferred to the new place, but seems unlikely with the scale of the building
I think they were originally going to move the first team training out there as soon as the indoor pitch was done and there was an outdoor pitch available. As that would have been before the main building was completed the intention had been to move the portacabin building out there from KP. Instead they sensibly opted to wait until it had all been completed.

I think they were originally going to move the first team training out there as soon as the indoor pitch was done and there was an outdoor pitch available. As that would have been before the main building was completed the intention had been to move the portacabin building out there from KP. Instead they sensibly opted to wait until it had all been completed.
Yep. I think that was the idea in the Demin era.
Get the training moved from DC to the new site asap and over time the posh stuff would get built and be gradually integrated into the setup. That was the old phased development of the training ground. That gave us the flexibility to drag our feet a bit if finances started getting a bit tight. There would be no rush to get the whole thing finished because everything the players really needed, was already over there.

But since Bill and Co. came in, they've had the funds reserved from the get go, so see no point in faffing about in phases. Just get it done and when it's done, move stuff over.

I'm loving the new owners' "can do" attitude ( whilst also appreciating that Max did as much as he reasonably could for us during his tenure ) !

;