Bill Foley

I am just going for the football which is the game I love….sadly over time my absolute 100% dedication to AFCB the club is becoming less alluring.
I am glad that the future security and development seems to be gaining traction…but some of the disdain for the fans leaves me underwhelmed…having a pre match drink in the bar whilst watching a bit of lunchtime footy with my fish and chips was good…

I am just going for the football which is the game I love….sadly over time my absolute 100% dedication to AFCB the club is becoming less alluring.
I am glad that the future security and development seems to be gaining traction…but some of the disdain for the fans leaves me underwhelmed…having a pre match drink in the bar whilst watching a bit of lunchtime footy with my fish and chips was good…
Agree. There’s loads of gushing at the words, but they seem a bit misplaced. The attitude to ordinary match going fans is a case in point. There’s someone in charge of security intent on demonising them and making their experience a less than pleasant one.

I'm loving the new owners' "can do" attitude ( whilst also appreciating that Max did as much as he reasonably could for us during his tenure ) !
Yes, the more I read about Max post his departure the more it becomes apparent just how good and responsible an owner he was. He may not have had deep pockets, but everything he did was for the long-term benefit of the club as opposed to personal gain albeit he was creating value while gearing up for sale which he did without detriment to the club, which is fair enough.

It was as if the club were his child and he was determined to find the very best foster parents to take on the mantle. It’s a shame in some respects that there is nothing obvious at the club that serves as a nod to all that he did and all that he accomplished, in a similar way we did for Fletch.

I can’t see a new owner doing much more than acknowledging a previous owner. It would be akin to a new husband putting a photo of a previous wife on his wall.

Sadly that’s a feature of the prem now and that’s why imho why the Championship remains the best league for fans for a number of factors - but it doesn’t bring in £100m plus a year!!

We could swim against the tide but with ffp, the need to invest and growing salary demands of better players then understandable that money talks.

While max and Eddie were there a lot of the “old world” ethos remained but it was already beginning to change before covid. It’s fantastic that afcb let players have contact with fans after matches for autographs/selfies as it is a bit of a throwback to an older age as many prem clubs don’t allow it. However, will this disappear with a new stadium and training ground set up that further distances players from fans?

I do like that Bill stresses the importance of community and we shouldn’t lose that.

Sadly that’s a feature of the prem now and that’s why imho why the Championship remains the best league for fans for a number of factors - but it doesn’t bring in £100m plus a year!!

We could swim against the tide but with ffp, the need to invest and growing salary demands of better players then understandable that money talks.

While max and Eddie were there a lot of the “old world” ethos remained but it was already beginning to change before covid. It’s fantastic that afcb let players have contact with fans after matches for autographs/selfies as it is a bit of a throwback to an older age as many prem clubs don’t allow it. However, will this disappear with a new stadium and training ground set up that further distances players from fans?

I do like that Bill stresses the importance of community and we shouldn’t lose that.
Actions speak louder than words

I thought at one stage they said it was going to be transferred to the new place, but seems unlikely with the scale of the building
In the original design, the Pavilion would have been moved and become the changing rooms for a smaller version of the indoor pitch. It would also have housed a parents/guardians space for the Academy.

All that was superseded by the grander, Tracey Island design being built now.

In the original design, the Pavilion would have been moved and become the changing rooms for a smaller version of the indoor pitch. It would also have housed a parents/guardians space for the Academy.

All that was superseded by the grander, Tracey Island design being built now.
It looks epic!

I made my point earlier. I think the main community that is benefiting is the corporate one. Top point holders suffering as tickets held back, draconian stewarding.

I made my point earlier. I think the main community that is benefiting is the corporate one. Top point holders suffering as tickets held back, draconian stewarding.
You have picked on a few negatives and don’t disagree with them (although todays Islamic state threats indicate clubs need to take security checks seriously) but plenty of positives too so youth football and ladies game benefitting and also made the stadium attractive for existing fans for no financial return. There is a wider dimension to community activity too and that continues well I believe

You have picked on a few negatives and don’t disagree with them (although todays Islamic state threats indicate clubs need to take security checks seriously) but plenty of positives too so youth football and ladies game benefitting and also made the stadium attractive for existing fans for no financial return. There is a wider dimension to community activity too and that continues well I believe
I’m sure we can agree to disagree!

I’m sure we can agree to disagree!
Based on other threads, I think we are meant to prolong the repeated arguing and trying to force one of us to change our mind plus hurl a few insults rather than agree to disagree so soon!

But, hey, I am ok with that. I understand where you are coming from but also see the positives too.

I also get that a lot of investment is going on and there is a need to balance the books too. Max encouraged a keep it flat pricing approach but that wasn’t going to fund a new ground.

Based on other threads, I think we are meant to prolong the repeated arguing and trying to force one of us to change our mind plus hurl a few insults rather than agree to disagree so soon!

But, hey, I am ok with that. I understand where you are coming from but also see the positives too.

I also get that a lot of investment is going on and there is a need to balance the books too. Max encouraged a keep it flat pricing approach but that wasn’t going to fund a new ground.
Rubbish you idiot? ;-)

Dont speak too soon Dibs. I'll expect the prophet of doom will rear his head prior to Saturday.
It's a bit early to start harping on about relegation next season but I suppose he could start talking about all the players who will leave.

;