Brentford

I see a lot of hate and some love for Brentford on here so can I be the first to say that I am irrationally not bothered by them.

Glad they beat the **************** though.

I would laugh like hell if AFC got relegated this year because as we all know they DESERVE to win the premiership.

Thomas Frank will have another meltdown and they will go on a run of losing half a dozen games in a row at some stage.

The guy has the ability to flip into loon mode at any given moment. Haven’t liked him since the run in of the 2020 season when he imploded.

I think those that detest Brentford are fairly new to supporting AFCB.
Over many years, great awayday every time.
Friendly fans, and of course the pubs.
Mick Cunningham's fanzine side used to play their supporters most years, which was always a laugh.
I will be wanting them to win whoever they play this season.
Absolutely this. I like Brentford and hope and believe they will do an 'us'. Whereas last night my 19 year old son, sat there hating them.

They just didnt get the apprenticeship we got Al!

Mind you, I can't stand Frank for being such a ************************ with his watch.

I also keep getting free bets from Bet365, its quite bizarre. Anyway I put the £5 on Brentford to win which won £16.67.

So I figured I may as well do a £16.67 treble on Everton, Villa and Newcastle. If that comes in I'll win £250 for nothing, so I like them even more currently!

Couple of lads at work are Brentford ST holders and are happy they went up but can’t stand the PL - though they might have just enjoyed last night !
Always complementary about our success in getting to and staying in the PL , no animosity either way …
Good luck to them and I hope they embarrass a few more of the complacent “ bigger teams “

Mick Cunningham's fanzine side used to play their supporters most years, which was always a laugh.

Lol, I suppose you were cheering Swindon to win every game when they were in the top flight were you?

Don't really get all this hatred for Frank. Mostly seems to be based on his watch-tapping antics - but let's face it, if that had been OUR manager when we were playing a team that was blatantly wasting time, we'd have thought it was brilliant.

I'm pleased for Brentford, what a night for them !
I have no issues at all with Brentford, in many ways we’re very similar clubs. But Frank is a complete **************** IMO….

I have enjoyed every visit to Griffin park, although the early boxing day KO with sleet was a challenge. Always excellent conversation in the gryphon pub. My favourite one was before the great escape game. They were top and confident. We got chatting and the Brentford fans clearly thought they'd win easily and asked us for our view. We exuded (genuine) confidence and said we would win, pointing out our record since Christmas. Their faces were a joy to behold as confidence and certainty vanished to be replaced by a kind of puzzled uncertainty.

It was a glorious, glorious game. Rarely bettered I'd say.

The Brentford are where they are because by hook or crook they won the playoffs...it don't matter how they doned it...we fucked it up because we played crap...that's all there is to it.
Its no good being ' jealicose ' ( hybrid of bellicose and jealous )...they are there because we didnt beat them...we got the bronze !!!

Top post Al...as yours tend to be !

Thomas Frank will have another meltdown and they will go on a run of losing half a dozen games in a row at some stage.

The guy has the ability to flip into loon mode at any given moment. Haven’t liked him since the run in of the 2020 season when he imploded.
This. It’s more than just the ostentatious watch pointing and the hypocrisy after their first hour at Dean Court. He also got away with briefing the rookie ref beforehand.
He’s a preening narcissist too which just about takes the bloody biscuit.
I’ve always liked Brentford and loved trips to GP and if Warburton was still there I’d be delighted.

;