Brentford

Don't like Frank ..
Dont like the Crawley manager.

.. certainly don't like the geezer at Burnley.

None of them are disliked by me...they are only football men...ex-players in most cases....players play games...its only a game!

I don't like China's manager...or Afghanistan's ...perspectives! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Its Brentford's first crack at the PL...they might do well...they might flounder..so what.

We had an almighty and unexpected 5 seasons of occasionally upsetting the 'Elite' Clubs...now its Brentford's time for that..if they can !
Beating the swanky Woolwich Arsenal shower was a spectacular start !

Imagine growing up as a Brentford fan - just a few tube stops away, there's the glamour of Chelsea, but a bit further on there's Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham. Then, just around the corner you have QPR and Fulham, both traditionally bigger clubs than Brentford.

We think we had it bad in the late 70s, when we were rubbish and Saints were riding high, and they siphoned off our support by the thousand.

Says a lot about the character and loyalty of those Bees fans that they stuck with their club throughout. I hope they enjoy their time in the PL, and bloody a few more stuck-up noses along the way. (Just like we did !)

You really are a prize ............

Anything that bucks the trend of the "big club" league, is a fantastic bonus for football, and gives hope to all.

Let's hope Gillingham get to the top flight and we can all link arms and sing Hessenthaler songs for them.

Come on, no Bournemouth supporter alive would ever conclude that Gillingham are anything more than a complete bunch of bellends.

Walsall, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Torquay, Plymouth, Southend. All teams that we've played a lot over the decades, and I'd be very happy to see any of these clubs taste big-time success.

But Gillingham ? Sorry, have to draw the line somewhere.

Also noticed the clear obstruction of the goal keeper. F*****g hate everything associated with the league, especially the pundits and coverage. The reason it was swept under the carpet by the commentary/pundits was because it didn’t fit in with the narrative they were trying to promote to sell their product today, being that Brentford are the underdog and that this is a fairytale day for them.
Brentford are certainly the new media darlings. It won't last.

Had anyone ever had a good experience at Gillingham?
Just once

March 1983, a 5-2 win

However, even that was spoiled, iirc, because I think that was the day I ran my first car out of oil on the motorway on the way home and fried the engine

Had anyone ever had a good experience at Gillingham?

During the 80's after a game we lost there I stayed over for the week, and prior to going into London for a Tour of the Museums and Galleries, on the Evening I ventured into nearby Chatham Docks where I chanced upon a Fair 'Damsel' whose defences against my Lothario inspired projections...were somewhat less rigid than Gillingham FC's defence against the Cherries...she'd lost her cherry a good few years previously !

Its a Fanny old Dame.

;