Brerton Diaz

Blackburn Rovers have turned down a bid for the player.

Fulham could come back with an improved offer.

They missed out on signing Justin Kluivert because the player couldn’t get a work permit.

SSN

Everton have tried to trump Fulham with a late attempt to sign Blackburn for striker Ben Brereton Diaz.

Both Premier League clubs have had a long-standing interest in the player, but the negotiations had reached a stalemate.

But now, Everton’s interest has been crystallised after they failed to agree a deal with Watford for striker Joao Pedro, who the Hornets demanded £30m for.

Sky Sports News has been told Everton have returned to discussions with Blackburn officials, in the hope of being able to structure a deal that suits Everton, and that Blackburn are prepared to accept.

Blackburn don’t want to sell Brereton Diaz, especially at this late stage in the window when it’s too late to get a replacement. But it’s understood a bid of £15-20m would have to be taken seriously by the owners.

Currently, that figure is more than either Fulham or Everton are prepared to pay, but lines of communication remain open with Blackburn.

Not convinced he's good enough for the Premier League. He came through the academy at Forest so perhaps I'm being harsh and judging him on how he was a few years ago rather than now. From comments I've read on here it's a similar situation to you and Sam Surridge I think.

;