Brett Pitman

...would love to see him just get one PL goal for us!
I was thinking exactly the same thing :yes:
I guess with the 'named squad' rule, such a cameo appearance would not be possible these days. Shame, would have loved to see him get 15 minutes to come on and try to fill that gap in his cv.
Very glad that the club have accommodated him like this though. He definitely has so much credit with the club and the fans for all he did for us. Nice to see that the powers that be at the club acknowledge that too.
:utc:

I was thinking exactly the same thing :yes:
I guess with the 'named squad' rule, such a cameo appearance would not be possible these days. Shame, would have loved to see him get 15 minutes to come on and try to fill that gap in his cv.
Very glad that the club have accommodated him like this though. He definitely has so much credit with the club and the fans for all he did for us. Nice to see that the powers that be at the club acknowledge that too.
:utc:
...yeah the club owes something to the guy for his many winning goals for us back along....I am feeling very lucky to have seen him in AFCB teams over the years...

Would be a great Loan signing for a final push for promotion in l2 or staying up in l1. Maybe Wages are an issue?

When he was first with us lot of fans thought he was lazy and not up for it in tough games etc - was it against Peterborough one year he was subbed and loads of fans cheered ?
He turned out to be one of our most important and class players and one of the best goal scorers I’ve seen ....
Chick chick chick chick chicken......

I actually think it wouldn't be a bad signing
The only way it would be possible right now is if Pompey agreed to terminate his contract. I agree with you, having watched a passionless bunch of wasters for the majority of the season the thought of having a club legend on the pitch who would die for the cause is something that really gets my pulse racing. Regardless of quality, surely nobody can deny that the sight of Pitman wearing Bournemouth colours again would create a massive buzz!

Only just turned 32, that kind of surprised me. Would be a nice gesture to have him back in some form, especially if we are safe by the end of April.

;