Bristol City

So Mepham off now. Our back three is Smith, Lerma & Hill, with Anthony and Zemura as wing backs

Hopefully not. He's not a great defender and he's a big miss from the middle of the park.
Thing is though. If you want to play three centre backs and you’ve got Mepham, Kelly and Hill to choose from then with injuries you are probably needing two quality signings before you release Lerma back up pitch.

The bigger question is why would you choose the worst year for centre backs since 2013 to overload that position. Strikes me as the decision was made and we are now going with whatever the personnel. Same decision that killed Fulham when they went up and left the fans singing 4-4-2 at home games as they scored 9 goals in a season.

Thing is though. If you want to play three centre backs and you’ve got Mepham, Kelly and Hill to choose from then with injuries you are probably needing two quality signings before you release Lerma back up pitch.

The bigger question is why would you choose the worst year for centre backs since 2013 to overload that position. Strikes me as the decision was made and we are now going with whatever the personnel. Same decision that killed Fulham when they went up and left the fans singing 4-4-2 at home games as they scored 9 goals in a season.
I'm hoping it was simply a demonstration to the recruitment team of how badly we need defenders. Five at the back isn't the way to stay up especially when you barely have four defenders to play when there's an injury or two.

Yeah we obviously need at least two central defenders, just pointing out that Lerma isn't one of them. It would be a waste to play him there and make us weaker defensively. I liked the look of Hill though.

Yeah we obviously need at least two central defenders, just pointing out that Lerma isn't one of them. It would be a waste to play him there and make us weaker defensively. I liked the look of Hill though.
I agree it’s a waste. But I’d imagine he will start there.

;