Burnley -The verdict.

Believe me, it was no fun losing 4-3 every week under Eddie. We’d get a 2-0 lead and still not be confident of getting anything out of the game.
Anyway, as far as entertaining goes we have scored more goals than you this season and our disciplinary record is better. You are 8th in the cards table on the FA website and we are 17th. That indicates that you are a more dirty side than us so some of you need to get off your high horses about what a thuggish side we are. We are a physical side, no doubt about that, but we, in general, stay on the right side of the law. You need to look a bit closer to home.

I can only use Saturday for evidence but how studding someone in the head to cause stitches isn’t worth at least a yellow I’ll never understand. I’d imagine if you did that every game 9 times out of 10 you’d get a card and sometime it would be a red.

Leading with the elbow will often get you a card as well rather than just conceding a throw in.

The dying swan act often gets a yellow for simulation too...

But I’m sure you’ve been angels in the games I haven’t watched.

Believe me, it was no fun losing 4-3 every week under Eddie. We’d get a 2-0 lead and still not be confident of getting anything out of the game.
Anyway, as far as entertaining goes we have scored more goals than you this season and our disciplinary record is better. You are 8th in the cards table on the FA website and we are 17th. That indicates that you are a more dirty side than us so some of you need to get off your high horses about what a thuggish side we are. We are a physical side, no doubt about that, but we, in general, stay on the right side of the law. You need to look a bit closer to home.

There appears to be a misapprehension that we're bigging ourselves up as an attractive footballing side. Take a look at any number of the threads on this site. We are currently a fairly dull side who struggle to create chances. We know this.

Saturday was utter dross mate - take it from Dyche.

I can only use Saturday for evidence but how studding someone in the head to cause stitches isn’t worth at least a yellow I’ll never understand. I’d imagine if you did that every game 9 times out of 10 you’d get a card and sometime it would be a red.

Leading with the elbow will often get you a card as well rather than just conceding a throw in.

The dying swan act often gets a yellow for simulation too...

But I’m sure you’ve been angels in the games I haven’t watched.

We are far from Angels.Dyche has developed a style of play which with this set of players will keep us up.It isn’t pretty and Saturday was probably the worst example of it.Not all Burnley fans are happy with it.BUT we are not a dirty side just hard and physical.Barnes challenge on the lad was never a booking his foot was waist high stretching for a ball with the bournemouth defender then coming through and ducking into his foot.(it’s why we have VAR by the way).Barnes made a meal of the incident in the box but whys he being hit in their anyway?whys your guy throwing arms around?,what about the blatant dive by Gosling first half?Fraser being face planted was just a bigger man attacking a ball from a 10 yard run against a Small man jumping from Standing he was always going to be hurt in that challenge.
I like Eddie Howe and heclaid the foundations for Dyche with some top Signings,Ings,Mee,Trippier etc so good luck I hope you stay up

The Ginger Allardyce hasnt spouted off about simulation being bad when Barnes tried to cheat the officials. He is happy to share in the tv money for pl league clubs but does nothing to make the game marketable to a wide tv audience.
Has he asked the board of poor skint burnley where all the money has gone?

(it’s why we have VAR by the way)”

VAR is an abomination. A bit like Dyche’s anti-football.

“it’s not pretty” is probably a late winner for understatement of the season. Almost as late as Jay Rod’s winner.

But if you’re happy with that then fair play. The empty seats in the away end suggests you’re in a minority.

The Ginger Allardyce hasnt spouted off about simulation being bad when Barnes tried to cheat the officials. He is happy to share in the tv money for pl league clubs but does nothing to make the game marketable to a wide tv audience.
Has he asked the board of poor skint burnley where all the money has gone?

your player swung his arm at Barnes. Yes, he went down easily as do all players, please don’t try to pretend that your player wouldn’t have hit the deck and rolled around. I’m not condoning him making a meal of it but an arm was swung and there was contact.

We are far from Angels.Dyche has developed a style of play which with this set of players will keep us up.It isn’t pretty and Saturday was probably the worst example of it.Not all Burnley fans are happy with it.BUT we are not a dirty side just hard and physical.Barnes challenge on the lad was never a booking his foot was waist high stretching for a ball with the bournemouth defender then coming through and ducking into his foot.(it’s why we have VAR by the way).Barnes made a meal of the incident in the box but whys he being hit in their anyway?whys your guy throwing arms around?,what about the blatant dive by Gosling first half?Fraser being face planted was just a bigger man attacking a ball from a 10 yard run against a Small man jumping from Standing he was always going to be hurt in that challenge.
I like Eddie Howe and heclaid the foundations for Dyche with some top Signings,Ings,Mee,Trippier etc so good luck I hope you stay up

Exactly this, that header from Tarks was superb! What was he supposed to do? Back off and let him have the ball because he’s smaller than him??

Exactly this, that header from Tarks was superb! What was he supposed to do? Back off and let him have the ball because he’s smaller than him??

Look how the pros reacted to that challenge. They kicked off because he was an absolute bellend about it, didn't apologise and was celebrated by his teammates. Personally I'm not one for getting upset about strong challenges but you're on an opposition forum defendinding your player acting like a massive ****************.

Tell you what Bournemouth you haven’t half gone up your own arses over the last few years.Who are you to lay the law down as to how football should be played,you were beaten by a stronger more physical side who despite how **** you assessed us as being ,you could not register a single effort on goal.
We did a job on you like we have done on every single team we have played out of the top eight this year.
You are in a dogfight now and this could be your last season in the top flight so hope you enjoy your pretty football in the championship next season ,because I love watching Burnley beat teams up especially sides like yours who think they play the beautiful game.The game is about winning boys and we know how to do it and as I well remember,Eddie doesnt.
No high horses here. It was judged by the neutral stats company as quite literally the worst game of football in Premier League history.

Totally onboard with the playing football in various ways, always more than 1 way to win, if it works for you it works. I get all that. But Saturday was on another level of utter shite from both of us.

your player swung his arm at Barnes. Yes, he went down easily as do all players, please don’t try to pretend that your player wouldn’t have hit the deck and rolled around. I’m not condoning him making a meal of it but an arm was swung and there was contact.
The Ginger Allardyce isnt slow to condem simulation by opponents as part of his poor skint underdog mantra. Barnes has always been a sly thug, quite happy to play the man off the ball.

The challenge was on the half way line, not anywhere that needed a last ditch goal saving header. It was not careless and reckless, it was deliberate and reckless and inured an opponent who needed treatment for a head injury.

Now where has all that pl and uefa league money been squirelled away. On the pitch the team has gone backwards....

The Ginger Allardyce isnt slow to condem simulation by opponents as part of his poor skint underdog mantra. Barnes has always been a sly thug, quite happy to play the man off the ball.

It wasn’t simulation, your player swung an arm which connected with his head.
You must watch a different Barnes every week to me then, if he regularly plays the man off the ball why isn’t he sent off on a regular basis?

The challenge was on the half way line, not anywhere that needed a last ditch goal saving header. It was not careless and reckless, it was deliberate and reckless and inured an opponent who needed treatment for a head injury.

Now where has all that pl and uefa league money been squirelled away. On the pitch the team has gone backwards....
Unfortunately (or fortunately) we don’t have a rich benefactor to fund us. Surely even you can see that we do things the right way in terms of finances, no debt etc??

Tell you what Bournemouth you haven’t half gone up your own arses over the last few years.Who are you to lay the law down as to how football should be played,you were beaten by a stronger more physical side who despite how **** you assessed us as being ,you could not register a single effort on goal.
We did a job on you like we have done on every single team we have played out of the top eight this year.
You are in a dogfight now and this could be your last season in the top flight so hope you enjoy your pretty football in the championship next season ,because I love watching Burnley beat teams up especially sides like yours who think they play the beautiful game.The game is about winning boys and we know how to do it and as I well remember,Eddie doesnt.

Lovely to hear all that Bfc 1882....not!

....Burnley have always been my 2nd favourite club from childhood in the 60s..my team under the noses of the Mancs!
...when we only had Div 3 ...and you were challenging for the title in Div 1 and had even won it!
Its great for Me to be even playing Burnley and conversing with the fans!
In the past weve lost 7- 0 to McIlroy/ Lochhead & Co in the FA Cup..after 1-1 at Dean Court..great Burnley players them....and we once beat you 5-0 in Div 3 ..so youv'e been there too!
The Burnley that beat us 7-0.....you lot will never see football like that again. ...
What happened on Saturday was nothing to shout about from Burnley or Bournemouth fans was it....
Get back to where you once belonged !

Last edited:
Lovely to hear all that Bfc 1882....not!

....Burnley have always been my 2nd favourite club from childhood the 60s..
...when we only had Div 3 ...and you were challenging for the title in Div 1 and had even won it!
Its great for us to be playing Burnley and conversing with the fans!
In the past weve lost 7- 0 to McIlroy/ Lochhead & Co..great players ....and we once beat you 5-0 in Div 3 ..so youv'e been there too!
The Burnley that beat us 7-0.....you lot will never see football like that again. ...
What happened on Saturday was nothing to shout about from Burnley or Bournemouth fans was it....
Get back to where you once belonged !

I totally agree, it was an awful game of football by both sides. It isn’t as easy as going back to where we once belonged. In this day and age we can’t afford the type of player who can do that, we are a small town club who lives within our means.

I totally agree, it was an awful game of football by both sides. It isn’t as easy as going back to where we once belonged. In this day and age we can’t afford the type of player who can do that, we are a small town club who lives within our means.

You always were a small town club....70, ooo ish population...half that of Poole.
But past Burnley teams have played attractive football in all Divs and against top clubs ....

You must watch a different Barnes every week to me then, if he regularly plays the man off the ball why isn’t he sent off on a regular basis?

Thankfully I don’t watch him or his teammates more than twice a season.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) we don’t have a rich benefactor to fund us. Surely even you can see that we do things the right way in terms of finances, no debt etc??

It’s nothing to do with a rich benefactor. You’ve fallen for Dyche’s pleading poverty routine.

So where has the PL and Uefa Cup money gone, if the board choose not to invest in better quality players thats their choice, the Ginger Allardyce is always bleating about under investment compared to every other club.
Add in parachute payment and transfer fees and the funds not available to the manager are even more interesting.

It wasn’t simulation, your player swung an arm which connected with his head.

He was a sly thug at brighton and has previous at brighton, 32 yellows, 2 reds 285 fouls in his pl career

Personally I think the substitution was a bad mistake and lost the game. Solanke has about as much threat of scoring as his grandma would and Billing is crucial in protecting/adding to the defensive strength/shape. As soon as the substitution was made I could see what was likely to happen and it did.

;