Burnley -The verdict.

Personally I think the substitution was a bad mistake and lost the game. Solanke has about as much threat of scoring as his grandma would and Billing is crucial in protecting/adding to the defensive strength/shape. As soon as the substitution was made I could see what was likely to happen and it did.
Still doesn't change the fact it was a God awful game, I know conditions weren't good ,but neither team deserved to win.
Think we have a lot more to worry about than Burnley game plan, they did a job on us end of. We have been cr@p for most of the season , and I don't see it getting better any time soon, injuries have played a part, but think it is far more than this.
Not sure what the answer is, hope Eddie does. I dream of 9 points from the next 3 games, but in reality think we will be lucky to get one.
On that happy note Merry Xmas and healthy New year to one and all.

You always were a small town club....70, ooo ish population...half that of Poole.
But past Burnley teams have played attractive football in all Divs and against top clubs ....
Burnley competed well when players didn’t cost anywhere remotely close to what they do now. It’s impossible in this league without a benefactor. People (not you) keep going on about the europa league money? Have you any idea of the pittance that we got for that? As for the premier league money, £100m doesn’t get you much these days with fees and wages. We have a strict wage structure at Burnley with low wages and decent bonuses. There’s no way that we could give one player £100k a week, it would destroy the one team mentality that we have. It is that which keeps us in the prem, not spunking cash that we don’t have on “proven” prem players. Dyche pleads poverty with good reason, we just don’t have the cash to spend. Having said that I do hope that they loosen the purse strings a bit in January as it looks like next seasons prem money should be coming with 24 points at this stage.

So where has the PL and Uefa Cup money gone, if the board choose not to invest in better quality players thats their choice, the Ginger Allardyce is always bleating about under investment compared to every other club.
Add in parachute payment and transfer fees and the funds not available to the manager are even more interesting.
If that is a suggestion that funds are being “misplaced” then you couldn’t be more wrong. None of our directors take a wage or anything out of the club. Since we have been in the prem we have totally rebuilt our training ground and academy. That was at the insistence of Dyche who is looking at the long term future of the club rather than demanding unrealistic sums to spend on players and putting our future at risk.
You only have to look at clubs like Bolton to see where spending way beyond your means gets you. I find it hard to believe that a genuine football fan isn’t impressed with how Burnley are run on such a tight budget. Anyway, best wishes to you all at Christmas. I have nothing against Bournemouth, or Eddie Howe, some of his signings are one of the reasons that we are where we are now!

Personally I think the substitution was a bad mistake and lost the game. Solanke has about as much threat of scoring as his grandma would and Billing is crucial in protecting/adding to the defensive strength/shape. As soon as the substitution was made I could see what was likely to happen and it did.
Absolutely right. For the minute before the goal we weren't getting close to Burnley - and we said so BEFORE the goal.

I guess credit to Eddie for trying to win it, but it didn't work.

If that is a suggestion that funds are 7being “misplaced” then you couldn’t be more wrong. None of our directors take a wage or anything out of the club. Since we have been in the prem we have totally rebuilt our training ground and academy. That was at the insistence of Dyche who is looking at the long term future of the club rather than demanding unrealistic sums to spend on players and putting our future at risk.
You only have to look at clubs like Bolton to see where spending way beyond your means gets you. I find it hard to believe that a genuine football fan isn’t impressed with how Burnley are run on such a tight budget. Anyway, best wishes to you all at Christmas. I have nothing against Bournemouth, or Eddie Howe, some of his signings are one of the reasons that we are where we are now!
So the Ginger Allardyce is complaing about lack of funds because he favours spending the money on the infrastructure. That might be the best choice for the forward direction of the club but its not the fault of other clubs.
Transfer fees and parachute payments have provided revenue in recent seasons.

Maybe the style of play and fans chanting no one likes us we dont care makes it difficult to attract lucrative sponsors?

Last edited:
So the Ginger Allardyce is complaing about lack of funds because he favours spending the money on the infrastructure. That might be the best choice for the forward direction of the club but its not the fault of other clubs.
Transfer fees and parachute payments have provided revenue in recent seasons.
You’re deluded if you think that is enough to buy enough quality to play attractive, expansive football in the premier league. There’s no way that Bournemouth survive on premier league money alone.

You’re deluded if you think that is enough to buy enough quality to play attractive, expansive football in the premier league. There’s no way that Bournemouth survive on premier league money alone.
I think that our owner isn't putting money in still,as our training facilities would of been finished by now

Playing anti football in the PL caught up with Stoke and West Brom, clubs who had a legacy of playing attractive football.

A bit of a vicious circle, anti football doesn't appeal to TV which means less world wide coverage which then doesn't attract sponsors. The Burnley business model works for them, just seems to make the manager and fans unhappy and envious of other clubs.

Playing anti football in the PL caught up with Stoke and West Brom, clubs who had a legacy of playing attractive football.

A bit of a vicious circle, anti football doesn't appeal to TV which means less world wide coverage which then doesn't attract sponsors. The Burnley business model works for them, just seems to make the manager and fans unhappy and envious of other clubs.
I agree that it is a vicious circle but given we can’t afford the attractive, expansive player we have to find a way to win. We do that reasonably well, it’s not all as awful as Saturday was. Unfortunately it’s all about finding a way to survive in this league because if you have players on huge wages and long contracts it’s a recipe for disaster if you go down. When we get a talent like Dwight McNeil coming through the ranks it’s a joy to watch (although he didn’t have the greatest game on Saturday) Unfortunately we’re realistic enough to know that he won’t be playing for us in a couple of years.

;