Buy to survive

Despite our current position and dodgy form, I think certain types of players would still be happy to come here. Even if we are not Eddie fans this week, inside the game he is still valued and people will see our squad and the potential we have. Anyone with a brain could see us rising up the table just as easily as we've come down it. Still a very tight table too.

I like this assessment - a couple of wins and we can see the way forward. But IMO we need new talent to do it. Make this an active transfer window, with ins and outs. Ibe and Co must be worth something?? Then invest in players who can add value. How we’ll curse if someone like Watkins goes to Watford or Villa! But agreed, no one from LFC.

No liverpool and no foreign imports(only ones proven in prem)must be alot of good players we can get on loan.

First and foremost I would sign a stadium. Can't believe we are risking relegation after so many years in the top flight and have made literally no progress with the stadium.

Um, I think the fact we're at risk of relegation is the reason there's no new stadium. How many extra seats do you think we'll need if we go down?

Um, I think the fact we're at risk of relegation is the reason there's no new stadium. How many extra seats do you think we'll need if we go down?

At a guess, 4000ish. But good to know that stadium planning only starts at 40 points. That would explain the lack of progress over the last 9 years (remember the delayed "championship standard" upgrade because we suddenly were in the running for promotion to the PL and would therefore need a bigger upgrade?)

People underestimate what an attractive proposition we are, do you really think that players are going to refuse to come to us on the risk of us being relegated? It doesn’t work like that, any player knows that if we did go down, such is the nature of the market that they will be able to move on to another club. Relegation release clauses will be inserted into contracts agents will make sure of that, any prospective championship or European signing would have nothing to lose and everything to gain by signing for us.

People underestimate what an attractive proposition we are, do you really think that players are going to refuse to come to us on the risk of us being relegated? It doesn’t work like that, any player knows that if we did go down, such is the nature of the market that they will be able to move on to another club. Relegation release clauses will be inserted into contracts agents will make sure of that, any prospective championship or European signing would have nothing to lose and everything to gain by signing for us.
So how many good players did Huddersfield, Swansea, Fulham, Hull, Boro, Villa etc etc sign in January when they were in trouble. Of course it makes a difference

No point in wasting more money on dross, done enough of that for the sake of a Stadium.

So how many good players did Huddersfield, Swansea, Fulham, Hull, Boro, Villa etc etc sign in January when they were in trouble. Of course it makes a difference
Hull and Swansea both signed players that improved on what they had, leading to better second half’s of the season. It was the fact that they were so adrift in the first place that cost them.

Despite our current position and dodgy form, I think certain types of players would still be happy to come here. Even if we are not Eddie fans this week, inside the game he is still valued and people will see our squad and the potential we have. Anyone with a brain could see us rising up the table just as easily as we've come down it. Still a very tight table too.

This is a good angle Davy.
Someone talking sense amongst the panic.

But Eddie may be forced to shake off caution about putting young players in, especially up front, if he cant find the signings to suit.
Wilson is just not at the races and as someone mentioned.. its like starting with 10 men.
Solanke is....well I dont know tbh.

If we get lucky with the injured coming back here and there... combined with Surridge and Dobre etc being unknown to defences, it might just gel into a Form Run.
Watford, Brighton and Villa at home and Norwich away can see us halfway if we scrap 10 points .

;