Callum Wilson

Who knows. I am not bothering to worry about it. If it happens, wish him well and thank him for what he has done for us.

I really think there is a bit of unnecessary panic going on here. Chelsea are after Higuian. Once they’ve offloaded Giroud and Morata then they might come in for Cal.

Don’t see a deal being done this window. If it does it’ll be for a huge fee. We aren’t going to pay £19m for Solanke and sell Wilson for £20m!
Well I saw the picture of him on the train with his “ agent “ though I also heard Gosling was also with him on the train- a straight swap for Hazard ? :grinning:

I personally don't think Calums worth any more than Gosser...not industrious enough and no where near £30 mill...Chelsea ? You have to be joking if you think they will pay that much with knowledge of his past Injuries! Plus the standard rip off due to Afcbs 'nice' nature!

I really think there is a bit of unnecessary panic going on here. Chelsea are after Higuian. Once they’ve offloaded Giroud and Morata then they might come in for Cal.

Don’t see a deal being done this window. If it does it’ll be for a huge fee. We aren’t going to pay £19m for Solanke and sell Wilson for £20m!

Sensible post. I must admit my previous post above is probably part of the ‘unnecessary panic’. I guess it can be easy to overestimate how crucial Callum is to us and then worry that he’s going to up and leave.

Hopefully you’re right anyway!

Why? he's already got rid of a striker, Defoe
Solanke didn't cost £19m to play the role that Defoe played. My point is, where is the money coming from... we wouldn't spend this kind of money without any outgoings to fund this... Defoe of the wage bill won't fund this. Wilson going to Chelsea for let's say £30m will!!!!

There is a strong rumour ( aided by a Mr N. Warnock ) that the sum we would have paid for Solanke would have been £ 14 million ish . It mysteriously increased by £ 5 million ish when we decided that we wanted to loan Clyne.

Talk of Wilson is starting to bore me rigid..if he wants to go ...f##k him off tomorrow....£30 mill.....£10 mill....£45, 000.....who cares.
the most suitable figure ..£3 mill..like we paid Cov.
If he wants to play for them and their racially prejudiced fans so be it....he might need the bigger wages.....and who the hell wants to play for piddly- assed Boscombe while their BENCH beckons!
Rejoice in the MONEY received but don't cry to me when he comes off the bench and plonks the winner in our net..

Solanke didn't cost £19m to play the role that Defoe played. My point is, where is the money coming from... we wouldn't spend this kind of money without any outgoings to fund this... Defoe of the wage bill won't fund this. Wilson going to Chelsea for let's say £30m will!!!!
I just don't think he's a top 6 club player to be honest, so I don't think it will happen.

Wilson will I don’t think end up a a top 6 club, does not finish off enough of the chances he gets

Chelsea in for Cavani from PSG at £50m as well according to the express. I think Wilson stays until the summer, with Solanke as a succession plan, with Eddie then to invest in another young striker fron the Championship with potential.

I’m not convinced he will go anywhere in the top six.

Remember King scored 17 goals and played some teams on his own two years ago, was younger, had no injury history and is still with us.

The top six are looking for a striker who can regularly take the one chance they are offered in games against each other and the elite of Europe.

I love Wilson to bits but am not convinced he is this player and I’m biased in his favour.

Worrying news concerning next weeks game at Everton is that Eddie stated in his post match interview that both Wilson and Gosling are injured again and King is ill.

November and early December all the Chelsea talk was about Wilson. Now the window is open I've seen nothing except the odd uninformed fan, the names now mentioned are Higuain, Cavani, and Benzema

When the linked players are Higuain, Cavani and Wilson...

If Chelsea did go for him he'd have to be an instant success or the Chelsea fans would immediately write him off since they would be expecting a player to come in of genuine international class. The fact that Morata and Shevchenko flopped there would be overlooked.

;