Callum Wilson

You ok now ted? I was worried for a moment...

If you get a bit het up over that I'd steer clear of some of the stronger threads.

al - any truth in this being streamed...... or is an al-fact?

Was reading the article on the OHEC about Callum and his rehab this time around. This sentence caught my eye:

“Currently, I am beating all my sprint scores and am quicker than I was before, so that’s a good sign."

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15579846.Wilson_feels_he__39_s_quicker_than_ever_after_return_from_injury_nightmare/

If that's true, bloody heck! :eyes: To come back quicker, both statistically and feeling quicker, after two massive knee injuries, is quite something.

We might see a fully fit Wilson back firing soon after all.

A lot of players have said that when they do their ACL, their knee itself feels a lot stronger but its the rest of their body that struggles to keep up.

If this is the case then having an ACL in both knees is the perfect solution!

That and I’ve heard it said the acl heals stronger after surgery but who knows I guess we will see in a couple months or less. The quicker he is the better

To me I thought he lost a yard of pace after his last injury,but then maybe he was rushed back because we needed him.
I would love for him to come back and recapture that Championship /pre injury Premier League form.

I guess there's straight line speed , and twisting and turning. Hopefully he'll be given plenty of time to strengthen everything

Wilson just scored his first goal since returning, for the u21s against Cheltenham. A header from a Ollie Harfield cross.
That said it's not such good news overall, as quite a strong side from us is currently losing the game 2-1.

A header and a shot from 20 years from Callum! I hope he hasn't gone into shock!!

Lost 3-2, but I think getting Wilson through 90 minutes is the main thing and a couple of un-Callumesque goals is even better.

Lost 3:2 but Callum played 90 minutes and scored both goals. Hyndman was the only other 'established' squad player in the line-up. Several (5?) from the U18s were playing also.

;