Callum Wilson

Harry Kane is the nearest England has got for a world class player...I would think if you were making up a world XI he would be in there, I can't think of anyone else who would even be close...

I guess you should look around a bit.
Polish born Robert Lewandowski has it all. He scores goals for fun.
so far this season he has scored 11 in 6 matches.
Last season he scored 34 in 31 games.
246 goals in 324 games. I don't think Kane can come close to that.

it's a team game. you can't just compare one players stats! there are other factors, quite important ones - ie how many chances are created

...yeah in the Bundesliga mainly, not sure that is as strong a league as The Prem IMO

Kane a better all round player than Shearer. Shearer a better goal scorer. I’d rather have Shearer in my team and think he got closer to world class than Kane has to date.

Shearer was immense, top notch striker. Understandable why he moved to Newcastle, but imagine if he had gone to Man U instead.

That said, can't recall him ever doing consistently well for England

In our championship season he won about ten penalties, had he been a Watford player we would have been absolutely crucifying him. Always had a tendency to use the dark arts of the game to his advantage. Look at his goal against West Ham, he punched the ball into the net and then laughed about it in the interview afterwards. Tbh I think our fans who like to call out the likes of Zaha are hypocrites unless they were voicing similar outrage when Callum played for us.

In our championship season he won about ten penalties, had he been a Watford player we would have been absolutely crucifying him. Always had a tendency to use the dark arts of the game to his advantage. Look at his goal against West Ham, he punched the ball into the net and then laughed about it in the interview afterwards. Tbh I think our fans who like to call out the likes of Zaha are hypocrites unless they were voicing similar outrage when Callum played for us.
Personally I see a big difference between Wilson and Zaha.
Zaha routinely dives without being touched. Wilson won most of his pens by getting his body between the defender and the ball and forcing the defender to make a bad decision.. That is a big difference, If that makes me a hypocrite then thats fine by me.
And of course Zaha usually bursts into tears !!

;