Callum Wilson

I expect there would be a few Watford supporters laughing at this thread.

They can laugh all they want but they'd be missing the point. The thing with the Watford supporters is that they claimed incessently Wilson etc were divers but were completely blinkered to their own antics, even when they had some of the most egregious offenders.

You wouldn't have to dig far into the forum threads on here from previous season to find people talking about how Wilson often went down easily so it was recognised. The Watford fans seemed to think it was a unique thing to us though.

They can laugh all they want but they'd be missing the point. The thing with the Watford supporters is that they claimed incessently Wilson etc were divers but were completely blinkered to their own antics, even when they had some of the most egregious offenders.

You wouldn't have to dig far into the forum threads on here from previous season to find people talking about how Wilson often went down easily so it was recognised. The Watford fans seemed to think it was a unique thing to us though.

Yeah they are completely full of sh*t. I'm sure it was one of their players who was guilty of the worst dive I've ever seen last time we were both in the Championship. Away at Wolves I think.

He always went down quicker than a cheap whore.

There were times when it was embarrassing; especially away games.

Some of that 'cheating Bournemouth' reputation can be laid at his door.

We've never been a dirty side, but we have had a tendency towards 'gamesmanship'.

You can see why many fans don't like us.

fans of other clubs started not to like us when we started to become successful
wilson was brilliant at winning penalties, some of the defending against him in the promotion season was unbelievably naive
adam smith's diving is often embarrassing but every team on the planet does it, it's no longer 1974

The master diver, was without a doubt, Jurgen Klinsmann.
His swallow dives, were so blatant, it really brought home how inept the referees were.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He always went down quicker than a cheap whore.

There were times when it was embarrassing; especially away games.

Some of that 'cheating Bournemouth' reputation can be laid at his door.

We've never been a dirty side, but we have had a tendency towards 'gamesmanship'.

You can see why many fans don't like us.
Honestly, wgaf!?

On another note, I couldn't help think Adam Smiths scream from that tackle last night came slightly ahead of the actual collision. I'm sure its technology related.

Fernando Foristieri take a .... dive.

What made it worse ,the wolves player got a red card.Now ,I can't understand how the ref came to that conclusion because he sure as hell didn'tt see a red card event as there wasn't one.He is basing his judgement on forestieri play acting in which case the ref based his decision on a guess.

Big difference between Wilson and Smith is that Wilson was good at "drawing" the foul and looking convincing. Since the dawn of VAR I would have thought that these kind of shenanigans would be stamped out.

..thing is 'diving' will never be completely removed until the punishments are more drastic, I have always said that if a player deliberately dives in the box blatantly trying to con the officials then a penalty should be awarded to the side he was trying to cheat or points could be deducted from teams with the divers in them..You certainly don't see as many yellows given by refs thesedays for cheating like that..VAR is not even used for that it is only to confirm the penalty and not to highlight a cheating player.

fans of other clubs started not to like us when we started to become successful
wilson was brilliant at winning penalties, some of the defending against him in the promotion season was unbelievably naive
adam smith's diving is often embarrassing but every team on the planet does it, it's no longer 1974
Your first sentence is what it’s really about 100%

We are tinpot Bournemouth with a tiny ground in a sleepy retirement town etc etc .
We’re supposed to be skint with no ambition...
We can play good football and build good teams but ultimately it amounts to nothing as we sell our best players to “ bigger , historic clubs “ etc and we continue to languish in the lower leagues ....
“ Big club utds “ stuck for years in the Championship or lower yet with fans having a sense of entitlement just unable to accept a club like us having investment and success .

Just shows how toxic the dressing room at our club is. No player wants to be here and their performance shows. As soon as they leave they are back to their best.

Looks like it was a stupid idea to keep one half of the management duo that this attitude of the current crop of players festered under and believe things would somehow be different.

Just shows how toxic the dressing room at our club is. No player wants to be here and their performance shows. As soon as they leave they are back to their best.

Looks like it was a stupid idea to keep one half of the management duo that this attitude of the current crop of players festered under and believe things would somehow be different.
Really you know this? So was it toxic when we were second in the league or just since December?

;