Cardiff City v AFC Bournemouth

Given Cardiff's tendency to pack their box, I think this might be duller than you think. Swap Dom for King, Stick King and Danjuma either side of Brooks in 3-3-3-1. Compress midfield without the ball and force them to play longer than they like of late, ideally Solanke forcing them to left. Be really brave and drop Smithy for Lerma, restore Cook to midfield.
Nah.... that looks extremely dull imo....:grinning:

You are right, let Meps and Cookie (Steve) have a well earned rest replacing them with CCV, meaning we can push Surridge up front. 2-3-3-2. I do worry though that it could be seen as a drab 4-1-3-2 when we defend.
Why didn't you just come out with 4132 in the first place?.....;)

...I thought Wilson looked okay v a poor PNE team...he was good in the offensive half but never really had to do the tracking back that we expected of him (which he was not great at tbh)

He, Wilson, has some skill, but a fully fit David Brooks is a better player and should tear up this league if he can stay fit and well.

Cardiff have some muscular units in their side so hopefully we won't get 'beat up' on the night...in the past we have struggled against these types of teams like last season in matches with the likes of Burnley and Watford

in the past we have struggled against these types of teams like last season in matches with the likes of Burnley and Watford
We also struggled against teams who press, teams who sat pack, teams who played with pace. We struggled against everyone! I don’t think we have a particular problem against this sort of side. In fact in the past it’s the sort of game where Steve Cook has shone.

We also struggled against teams who press, teams who sat pack, teams who played with pace. We struggled against everyone! I don’t think we have a particular problem against this sort of side. In fact in the past it’s the sort of game where Steve Cook has shone.
...I like your optimism of course we are comparing to PL teams and not some of the dross that I have seen this season in The Championship

How about this......

.............................................................Bego

.......................Mepham................Cookie.................Rico

Stacey..............Brooks..........Lerma..................Stan.............Smith

....................................................Danjuma

.....................................................King

Wouldn't be dull.

I like it!! Still not sure what we should do about Smith being on the left... Call me narrow but I just think right-footed players should play on the right. I'd be more inclined to rotate Smith and Stacey more and have Kelly/Simpson on the left. They're pacier than Rico and Diego has been great in the left centre back role.

what about this... 3-1-2-3-1, my head hurts

............................................Begovic......................................

............................................S Cook........................................
...............Stacey.................................................Rico.............
............................................L Cook.........................................
............................Lerma...................Gosling........................
...........King........................Brooks.......................Danjuma

............................................Solanke........................................

Playing out from the back with Gozza and Lerma becoming wide receivers with Stacey, S Cook and Rico as the centre backs, Stacey and Rico have license to overload which ever side the ball is on once we have progressed through the lines, with the other sitting in to create a back 3 with the both Cooks with one of Gozza or Lerma for protection. King, Dan and DB7 pressing and creating all sorts of havoc, and Dom linking up the play, we would be unstoppable!!!!!

Last edited:
How about this......

.............................................................Bego

.......................Mepham................Cookie.................Rico

Stacey..............Brooks..........Lerma..................Stan.............Smith

....................................................Danjuma

.....................................................King

Wouldn't be dull.
I like this team. Although I hope Jeff eats his spinach before the game as he’s going to have to put a big shift in midfield!

Will we see Brooks? I thought he was carrying a knock and out until the end of the month. King will be lacking fitness so best bet for him is the bench. Danjuma needs to start as we seriously lacked any intelligence against QPR. Our back 3 seems to have settled into a regular 3.
Bego
Mepham, cook, Rico
Smith gosling Lerma cook Stan
Danjuma
Surridge

I was thinking about the team last night and ended up with this

Bego
Stacey Mepham Cook Kelly Rico
Lewis
Lerma Gosling
Brooks King Danjuma

it would mean dropping Smith and having a completely different forward line to Saturday but might give us that bit of magic we lacked. Not happy with King but we need to make him earn his money.

I was thinking about the team last night and ended up with this

Bego
Stacey Mepham Cook Kelly Rico
Lewis
Lerma Gosling
Brooks King Danjuma

it would mean dropping Smith and having a completely different forward line to Saturday but might give us that bit of magic we lacked. Not happy with King but we need to make him earn his money.
Ignoring the slip up with 12 men, that front 3 would be wonderful to see at this level if we could get them all fit and ready to play. Big if of course, but it's a PL front 3.

I do agree about Smith on the left, it's not ideal for me and we need a left footer there if possible. As well as Rico has played in CB, he's probably also our best Left wing back (unless we can sign Daniels).

If someone thinks that King is not fit to play in this day and age....Christ what will he have been doing everyday then.. taking photos of the 'training ground' up Magna way ....and trying to spot Lapwings ...or Sheep worrying ?

There is no excuse for not staying fit enough....if your on his salary!

I dread to think how the Forum will go tonight if we flop....and Tomlin picks out Harry Wilson with p*ss perfect pass in the 95th...and said stardust plonks the pigs bladder in the onion bag...yikes !

Forget that...now its been saided and dreaded ..it won't happen...'sides...we have to atone for what happened last time out in Taffalonia!

Will be a slightly quieter affair this time with no crowd....and btw that sheep tied up outside their stadium got pregnant eventually...it gave birth to a Centre Back with a Mutton Head who now plays in their youth team.

I'm going for a 2 - 0 ler...and closing in on the Custard Creams of Berkshire.....we play them in November...should be a humdinger if we are still Potent by then.

;