Championship rival updates

On Sky tonight they said Watford effectively promoted as 9 points ahead of Swansea with better goal difference. Ignored fact that AFCB and Brentford have extra game to play and mathematically (though unlikely) could still overtake Watford

Yeah, while there’s close to zero chance of us catching Watford, Brentford still could, not least as they still have to play each other. Unlikely but very possible.

Dan Goslings two goals and performances are the difference between automatic and play offs for Watford. Cannot believe you let him go to a rival.
This is what we all said at the time, it's not a surprise to us RM, it's just what Gosling does. We did get Pearson out of the whole situation, at least.

...let's be honest Dan wasn't going to be a main feature in our plans, and then we signed Ben Pearson who will be whatever the outcome of this season...Dan is obviously fired up to see his new club do better than AFCB and he has rubbed a dose of salts into any wounds formed from his departure and animated display when we beat Watford a few months ago!
I doubt whether he will be a huge part of Watford in the PL, but does have bags of experienced gained with us...so there may be some more mileage in this story yet?

Was looking at the Hornets nest a couple of days ago - so funny the amount of posters convinced that we were going to overtake you.

Slightly paranoid :grinning:

I can imagine lots of dreaming about winning the title now?

Well they say football can bring a wide range of views and emotions so quickly !

Our players probably felt more suited playing Norwich than Luton.

A team that let you play on a nice pitch rather than in your face opposition in a Derby game .

Sarr in particular looked a different player last night compared to Saturday.

Plus we had a better team out yesterday to the one v Luton.

And as we all know football fans are fickle !

Not so long ago there were questions about would we even be in the play offs .

Well they say football can bring a wide range of views and emotions so quickly !

Our players probably felt more suited playing Norwich than Luton.

A team that let you play on a nice pitch rather than in your face opposition in a Derby game .

Sarr in particular looked a different player last night compared to Saturday.

Plus we had a better team out yesterday to the one v Luton.

And as we all know football fans are fickle !

Not so long ago there were questions about would we even be in the play offs .

Yes it's weird how you were suddenly up there - it's madness going back how many games we have lost and drawn against average teams.

Lots of fiddling whilst Rome burns with us.

Well, if job 1 is win the league and job 2 is get auto-promotion, we have accomplished job 3(a) by getting into the playoffs. Congrats to the team and to all of us who kept the faith. Now on to job 3(b) .... win the playoffs!!

A new experience for me in my brief Cherries life. Plenty familiar with the playoff nerves with all our NA sports, but this feels like it will be something like never before.

Well, if job 1 is win the league and job 2 is get auto-promotion, we have accomplished job 3(a) by getting into the playoffs. Congrats to the team and to all of us who kept the faith. Now on to job 3(b) .... win the playoffs!!

A new experience for me in my brief Cherries life. Plenty familiar with the playoff nerves with all our NA sports, but this feels like it will be something like never before.
As long as we make the playoff final it will be awesome.
Playoff final, one game for a spot in the Premier League.
It doesn't get any more nerve-racking than that !
We just need to make sure we get there ! Going out in the playoff semi-final would be a total anticlimax !

As long as we make the playoff final it will be awesome.
Playoff final, one game for a spot in the Premier League.
It doesn't get any more nerve-racking than that !
We just need to make sure we get there ! Going out in the playoff semi-final would be a total anticlimax !
If we get to that point, we should set up a Zoom call so that we can all go crazy together.

If we get to that point, we should set up a Zoom call so that we can all go crazy together.
Yes, maybe we could set something up for those interested and unable to go to the game. But let's not count our chickens just yet, we need to blow away our first playoff opponent first. Oh and if it happens, I promise that I will not be in the mankini !!!!

Yes, maybe we could set something up for those interested and unable to go to the game. But let's not count our chickens just yet, we need to blow away our first playoff opponent first. Oh and if it happens, I promise that I will not be in the mankini !!!!
The next three games will be torture, just praying that everyone stays fit while still keeping up the recent momentum.

Your entire season can go down the pan in one dodgy moment. The rewards are immense but the nerves are horrendous if you're anything like me. It takes entertainment to the point of cruelty.

What I would say is that it's not the end of the world if we lose on Saturday. I'm convinced that a team winning an end of season league game will win against that team if they meet in the playoffs. I don't know why I think this but it did happen in 2003 against Lincoln City. Beat 1-0 at DC at the end of the season then smashed them in the playoff final.

Last edited:
The next three games will be torture, just praying that everyone stays fit while still keeping up the recent momentum.
Yes. In his previous interview JW was asked how he would cope with the situation, if we secured the playoffs early. Would he then rest the key players for the playoffs or would he stick to his strongest side and try to continue the momentum through into the playoffs. He didn't seem to know what he'd do and in the end said that he just wanted to get the playoff spot secured and that was all he was thinking about.

I think he might try to rest some players now and that could see us lose our momentum. It's a tough call. Personally I wouldn't change a thing. Injuries can always happen or they don't happen at all. I would prefer us to just keep playing as we are, with a settled side playing well and carry this winning mentality into the playoffs. If the players are fit and willing to play, we should play them and maybe sub them off if we have that luxury during the game.

I'm really not sure how he'll call it but with the club record of consecutive wins still up for grabs that might sway his decision somewhat. Wins and records are good for his cv after all !

;