Chris and Willo

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but on a few occasions Kris has said they are watching the game in the opposite stand to which the TV cameras are.....have noticed on a couple of occasions where they have missed things totally, until they have seen a replay.
Home games they sit in the main stand and tv coverage comes from the East stand.

In the PL journalists had screens at their seats which showed the game so they had the best of both worlds.

In the EFL they wont get that live game on the TV screen
Why not?.....how difficult would it be for them to have a laptop with the same stream as we have?.......maybe then they would've been able to spot that a player had been sent off in the Sheffield Utd game ......rather than waiting for him to be half way down the tunnel before one of them breaks away from their chat and goes 'hang on whats going on here'?.....'has he been sent off'?.....'i don't know he must have been!

Tbh I think Kris is getting a bit too much like the mainstream commentators and spending too much time during a match waffling about stuff like Tristan De Cuhna at the expense of what is actually happening on the pitch. If you're watching the livestream you can see he's missing lots of things that're important and if you're just listening on the radio you're not really aware of what's happening until the ball gets within about 10 feet of a penalty area. Imo Willo sounds a bit embarrassed or impatient at times with his failure to focus on the actual football. There's lots of time in an average game when he can go off topic but there are now too many occasions like in a recent game when there was a great buildup and shot on goal whilst he was still reading out the team sheet because he'd spent the time when he should've been doing that talking about something else.

Lately, Birmingham game aside, it's been difficult to watch for 90 minutes.

Imagine trying to talk that dross up for an hour and a half.

I think they both do a fine job.

Lately, Birmingham game aside, it's been difficult to watch for 90 minutes.

Imagine trying to talk that dross up for an hour and a half.

I think they both do a fine job.
Very true - think of the many terrible games over the years we’ve suffered- at least we could turn to our mates and say “ this is shiiiiiite” or sit and read a programme etc ....
They can’t do that , even if they want to ...

Why not?.....how difficult would it be for them to have a laptop with the same stream as we have?.......maybe then they would've been able to spot that a player had been sent off in the Sheffield Utd game ......rather than waiting for him to be half way down the tunnel before one of them breaks away from their chat and goes 'hang on whats going on here'?.....'has he been sent off'?.....'i don't know he must have been!

The space available in each press seat is tiny, especially at DC. And there's probably even less now due to covid.

Years back I watched a game at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, from one of the press/radio seats. It was incredibly tight and restrictive.

K and W will be connected to an electronic box, into which will go each of their microphones, the sound effects microphone, and each of their headphones. That box connects them to the Solent studios. KT has to bring and set all that up himself. There's no spare table space at all.

KT will also have all his notes, drink, etc. While they're on air they have producers repeatedly talking in their ear. It's not just about the game in front of them, they're part of a bigger show/operation.

It takes a lot of skill and experience to make it all sound relaxed and effortless.

And do you really think that they and/or Solent haven't already tried to find a way of them seeing a feed?

Talking of the producers etc in their ear many will remember the old days on Solent no live action just the sound of the crowd and which game has a goal Saints, Pompey or The Cherries. Peter White as anchor in the studio was brilliant holding it all together. Blind yet coped with all the switches etc and the feed into his ear. Happy Days life was so much simpler and say within 90 minutes the Pink Echo hit the streets.

The space available in each press seat is tiny, especially at DC. And there's probably even less now due to covid.

Years back I watched a game at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, from one of the press/radio seats. It was incredibly tight and restrictive.

K and W will be connected to an electronic box, into which will go each of their microphones, the sound effects microphone, and each of their headphones. That box connects them to the Solent studios. KT has to bring and set all that up himself. There's no spare table space at all.

KT will also have all his notes, drink, etc. While they're on air they have producers repeatedly talking in their ear. It's not just about the game in front of them, they're part of a bigger show/operation.

It takes a lot of skill and experience to make it all sound relaxed and effortless.

And do you really think that they and/or Solent haven't already tried to find a way of them seeing a feed?

Not enough room!.....lol i've heard it all now....it's an EMPTY stadium how much room do they need?.....nobody is asking them to squeeze in a 70 inch flat screen.....i can watch a match on my phone whilst driving my tractor ffs....i really don't see what there is for Solent to think about ....it's really not that difficult to organise tbh.....

Not enough room!.....lol i've heard it all now....it's an EMPTY stadium how much room do they need?.....nobody is asking them to squeeze in a 70 inch flat screen.....i can watch a match on my phone whilst driving my tractor ffs....i really don't see what there is for Solent to think about ....it's really not that difficult to organise tbh.....

:ROFLMAO: Candidate for post of the year!!!

Tractor driver claims to know more about broadcasting live sport than the BBC - that it Trump level bullshit!!! :slap:

With hindsight, Topfarrier’s decision to watch the game on his phone may not have been such a good idea:

EF148386-E841-4735-A4B9-F63A6773B4DF.jpeg

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: Candidate for post of the year!!!

Tractor driver claims to know more about broadcasting live sport than the BBC - that it Trump level bullshit!!! :slap:
If all it entails is sending two blokes into a empty stadium and then for some reason squeezing them into a space too small for a laptop and having them play guess the player for 90 mins....then yeah I might know a bit more!....:D

Oh and getting that award from someone who once posted that playing 3 sets of tennis is as tiring as playing 5 sets is really special!......:ROFLMAO:

The commentary box at Dean Court is/was in the MS towards the Ted MacDougall stand.

At other grounds I have heard Kris mention where they have been put doesn’t always allow for good viewing, let alone giving a commentary.

Some times they have the facility for playbacks, other times not.

So IMO they do a good job, keep us informed if we do not have access to view the game and Kris and Willo make a good team and have done so for years now.

As I said it’s all about opinions.

The commentary box at Dean Court is/was in the MS towards the Ted MacDougall stand.

At other grounds I have heard Kris mention where they have been put doesn’t always allow for good viewing, let alone giving a commentary.

Some times they have the facility for playbacks, other times not.

So IMO they do a good job, keep us informed if we do not have access to view the game and Kris and Willo make a good team and have done so for years now.

As I said it’s all about opinions.

I miss the preview shows Kris and Zoe present - if only for her excellently fitted jumpers .

The obvious question is, why can't Kris and Willo just watch the stream on a phone/laptop or something (surely they could find some device that would "fit" into the cramped space).
I don't deny that in some rare cases this may be helpful for them, but they are giving LIVE commentary of an event unfolding before their eyes, in real time.
Any stream they could access would be something like a minute behind what they'd be seeing with their own eyes.
Can you imagine how unworkable that would be?

If all it entails is sending two blokes into a empty stadium and then for some reason squeezing them into a space too small for a laptop and having them play guess the player for 90 mins....then yeah I might know a bit more!....:D

Oh and getting that award from someone who once posted that playing 3 sets of tennis is as tiring as playing 5 sets is really special!......:ROFLMAO:

"If all it entails..." "IF"!!!

You haven't got a Scooby! :slap:

This site is hilarious.

We've got a cook who thinks he knows more about accounting than accountants...

And a tractor driver who thinks he knows more about broadcasting than the BBC!

You couldn't make it up, except they do.

Do us all a favour tractor Trump - stick to something you're half good at, like wanking in your furrow!

;