Chris Mepham

Great purposeful run to their penalty area, he can only learn from last night : )
If nothing else, the 2 Chelsea centre backs were an object lesson in creating chances for pacey, onrushing forwards. Just not in their team : )

Remember that bloke we signed (can’t remember his name )in the Mitchell days that literally trotted out that line ...you can just imagine the gippo builder telling him “ mention how fantastic the car park is mush “

Steven Gregory I think it was, yeah he loved that car park.

Good move by Eddie bringing him on at that stage of the game.

Ran on the pitch and must have thought quietly to himself, yes, I am in the big league.

Remember that bloke we signed (can’t remember his name )in the Mitchell days that literally trotted out that line ...you can just imagine the gippo builder telling him “ mention how fantastic the car park is mush “

We have a great win and you come out with a cheap, un-necessary remark like that. What an embarrassment you are

Looked very confident on the ball, worked well with Ake and was very vocal to the other back 3 positionally. Lucky to get away with the handball in the first half but apart from that all positive.

Think Eddie could have unearthed another gem here.

Let's face it, we have chased him almost as long as Demari.

Well it's all about opinions, but I actually thought Mepham had a woeful first half. Much better in the second half though and very valuable experience for him.

As a unit we looked solid defensively today and I think Mepham played a big part in that. Good positioning and reading of the game. At times his passing out had my heart in my mouth but let's be honest, this brave type of play is exactly what Eddie is after in a centre half.

I'm amazed anyone can pick fault with his performance. It may not have been perfect but he showed plenty of reason to be cheerful. Looking forward to seeing him against arsenal and Citeh. Not going to push Cook or Ake out of the team right now but showed he has real potential. Anyone who can knock him for today's performance is simply a prat.

;