Chris Mepham

Mepham is possibly too good for us....probably do a good job for someone like Manu or Newcastle.

Imagine years back thinking an International wasn't good enough for the Cherries.

But hey...that's f√cking JCL's for ya !

Mepham is possibly too good for us....probably do a good job for someone like Manu or Newcastle.

Imagine years back thinking an International wasn't good enough for the Cherries.

Another awful take from 'the forum' tonight.

How anyone who's watched us and mepham frequently over the past few years can suggest Mepham is too good for us is beyond funny.

So why haven't they come in for him? I'd hazard a guess that Leeds & Sheff Utd are in for him because they're the level he's at.
Too good for us, not a chance, 4th choice behind Senesi/Zabarnyi/Kelly.

Nothing like it ..to boost a player's confidence...as the ubiquitous 'Afcb' 'Forum' JCLs eh ?

Not so long back Forum members were screaming out to sign this bloke from Brentford.

A few wins in December...and we can root out what we think are only peripheral squad members..and f√ck ' em away off....because potential galacticos gagging for a Red n Black kit are awaiting late window pounces by the famous Afcb recruitment impresarios...
What a f√cking Joke...haha !

Nothing like it ..to boost a player's confidence...as the ubiquitous 'Afcb' 'Forum' JCLs eh ?

Not so long back Forum members were screaming out to sign this bloke from Brentford.

A few wins in December...and we can root out what we think are only peripheral squad members..and f√ck ' em away off....because potential galacticos gagging for a Red n Black kit are awaiting late window pounces by the famous Afcb recruitment impresarios...
What a f√cking Joke...haha !

Dont think anyone is suggesting we offload him... just that if you think he's the kind of player Man U and Newcastle would be interested in... I dont know what to say.

Well, I do actually :D

I think he's a decent player with potential to get better. But he gets exposed too often... and has done since joining us. He has a long way to go before clubs at that level show interest.... as evidenced by a very poor Sheff U (yes I know they have a bigger stadium, more history... proper footballing city etc) PL club putting in offers and 2nd tier team. Hardly of the standing of the clubs you've declared as being his level are they...

And as you constantly seem to indicate the 'forum' is a joke that can't be taken seriously, I doubt Mepham is pouring through it and becoming a shell of his former self due to reading comments on this thread ;)

Dont think anyone is suggesting we offload him... just that if you think he's the kind of player Man U and Newcastle would be interested in... I dont know what to say.

I think he's a decent player with potential to get better. But he gets exposed too often... and has done since joining us. He has a long way to go before clubs at that level show interest.... as evidenced by a very poor Sheff U (yes I know they have a bigger stadium, more history... proper footballing city etc) PL club putting in offers and 2nd tier team. Hardly of the standing of the clubs you've declared as being his level are they...

And as you constantly seem to indicate the 'forum' is a joke that can't be taken seriously, I doubt Mepham is pouring through it and becoming a shell of his former self due to reading comments on this thread ;)
Sheffield United also play three CBs, don't they? This might suit Meps better due to not having the most pace.

Sheffield United also play three CBs, don't they? This might suit Meps better due to not having the most pace.

Not sure, you could be right.

I think like you may have previously stated, theres a good player in there. I reckon being in and out of team, then making odd mistake etc, has effect on his confidence/composure/mentality. And perhaps as a result may not quite reach level he's capable with us.

Perhaps needs a move to flourish/fresh start, which would be a shame, as theres a decent PL player in there somewhere imo.

But I can't see us signing 2 or 3 CB's in close succession, and allowing him to leave on loan or otherwise. So current situation/cycle will continue. Likely at his career detriment, perhaps.

Yo ho..that's diced up my Mepham offering good and proper...
But. . i'll just add this... Assuming he is on the bench or somewhere else for the remainder of the season, not first choice for Andoni's Exclusive Elite ( that word again- I just can't loose it off) ..then we can await and see if any of Mep's 'superiors' get 'exposed'..by MC...or Brighton..Wolves...or...or....'little and lost' Sheffield Utd. That will be interesting.
How serious you take my posts is up to you but I think you know i'm part baiting the Forum and also eternally searching out a comprehensive understanding of what it's all about...what's going on at Dean Court and the football world generally..appealing to the ' Inner Cherry' of members to get all their sh*t on the dancefloor...

Yo ho..that's diced up my Mepham offering good and proper...
But. . i'll just add this... Assuming he is on the bench or somewhere else for the remainder of the season, not first choice for Andoni's Exclusive Elite ( that word again- I just can't loose it off) ..then we can await and see if any of Mep's 'superiors' get 'exposed'..by MC...or Brighton..Wolves...or...or....'little and lost' Sheffield Utd. That will be interesting.
How serious you take my posts is up to you but I think you know i'm part baiting the Forum and also eternally searching out a comprehensive understanding of what it's all about...what's going on at Dean Court and the football world generally..appealing to the ' Inner Cherry' of members to get all their sh*t on the dancefloor...
Don't take this the wrong way NewOldCherry, cos I enjoy your heartfelt ramblings a great deal, but I do wonder what it would be like to have a conversation in person with you. Do you speak in this chaotic poetry all the time or does it just live in the fingertips?

Don't take this the wrong way NewOldCherry, cos I enjoy your heartfelt ramblings a great deal, but I do wonder what it would be like to have a conversation in person with you. Do you speak in this chaotic poetry all the time or does it just live in the fingertips?
Depends what session you meet him in Spoons….

Comes and goes... very occasionally in my Real Life too, but only in certain company..so no, its only really part of my act entertaining on this jolly old format !
Much of my conversation locally in pubs and cafes is about national and local politics..very heated and intense....not a great deal about football unless it's with a particular friend who supports Everton who I meet with about once a week...and another roughly monthly who supports Newcastle.
At the local non League games...I meet up with a good friend , Colin from Parley, who has supported Boscombe longer than me... .so much discussion about the Cherries where we agree about 55% and disagree about 45% !

Last edited:

;