Chris Mepham

This guy turned up a few years back and was heavily suspected of being 'Minty' from the echo comments section who tried his luck on here and was sent packing in short order. He pops up every now and again with an overly negative post and dodgy "of which" phrasing then disappears when we start winning again. Maybe my original comment makes more sense in that context.

As for you, I personally think you are a valuable contributor but you are without doubt a reactionary and emotional poster, nothing necessarily wrong with that but you have to lie in the bed you made like the rest of us when it comes to getting grief.

Surely you admit that you're naturally pessimistic when it comes to AFCB? You talk up other teams and talk us down. It's natural to an extent but no neutral person would suggest AFCB's performances are catching up with us - just look at other forums after we play them.

I think we can safely sum this up by saying that Waz wears his heart on his sleeve, the only thing on Schmiegel's sleeve is snot.

Personally, I suspect during the Benson years supporters were so used to us playing badly they would struggle to cope with any players coming through with any talent at anything other than running around a lot.

Wait a minute, that's still the case now and always has been!

Anyway, back to the OP.

If Mepham is so bad, where are all the "we'd be better playing with 10 men" posts so beloved of the, err, erm, oh I'm not allowed to say that now, am I?

On Sunday, Mepham was guilty of nothing more than not being Kelly. A couple of long diagonal passes were perfect too.

Have we reached the point where some "supporters" can't cope when our back-up players play due to injury? What happens when we sell some!!!

Anyway, back to the OP.

If Mepham is so bad, where are all the "we'd be better playing with 10 men" posts so beloved of the, err, erm, oh I'm not allowed to say that now, am I?

On Sunday, Mepham was guilty of nothing more than not being Kelly. A couple of long diagonal passes were perfect too.

Have we reached the point where some "supporters" can't cope when our back-up players play due to injury? What happens when we sell some!!!

It’s the same posters itching for Stanislas to start every game ‘as he offers us something different’ basically, you can’t win!

You cheeky git Derek. I know you're trying to get one of us to score an open goal with "lie in the bed you made".

This guy turned up a few years back and was heavily suspected of being 'Minty' from the echo comments section who tried his luck on here and was sent packing in short order. He pops up every now and again with an overly negative post and dodgy "of which" phrasing then disappears when we start winning again. Maybe my original comment makes more sense in that context.

As for you, I personally think you are a valuable contributor but you are without doubt a reactionary and emotional poster, nothing necessarily wrong with that but you have to lie in the bed you made like the rest of us when it comes to getting grief.

Surely you admit that you're naturally pessimistic when it comes to AFCB? You talk up other teams and talk us down. It's natural to an extent but no neutral person would suggest AFCB's performances are catching up with us - just look at other forums after we play them.

I have looked for a Mepham thread but can't find one.

I feel for Chris. I think he's done really well this season, really picked himself up after the play off semi final last season, and was unlucky in a way to lose his place at the start of the season. Yesterday he got the nod and got injured. My feeling is that Meps is too good to play second fiddle. For whatever reason, Bournemouth is just not working out for him. I think he deserves a move to another decent Championship team, where he can really flourish and be a leader. It worked for Tyrone Mings and while I'd be sad to see him go, I think a move would be good for him and another side.

I have looked for a Mepham thread but can't find one.

I feel for Chris. I think he's done really well this season, really picked himself up after the play off semi final last season, and was unlucky in a way to lose his place at the start of the season. Yesterday he got the nod and got injured. My feeling is that Meps is too good to play second fiddle. For whatever reason, Bournemouth is just not working out for him. I think he deserves a move to another decent Championship team, where he can really flourish and be a leader. It worked for Tyrone Mings and while I'd be sad to see him go, I think a move would be good for him and another side.
I reckon when all is said and done, the parachute payments have run dry, half of our squad have run for the bigger and more lucrative contracts with so called bigger clubs, we'd be lucky to have Chris Mepham playing for us and Captaining us in the Championship.

I’ve been critical of Mepham in the past but he’s done ok when he’s been in recently. Would probably have him in over Kelly and Phillips at the moment.

Mephams a bloody good player...that's why we signed him after much campaigning by Forum ' experts' ...He plays well for his country and puts in plenty of effort for Us...if he was a regular starter he would deliver what is needed.

Bit the scapegoateers have to have their man..and when Gosling left...they went for Chris....a few raise up a steam and all the sheep follow !

In the scenario we go up, I can see us trying to sign Phillips on a permanent basis. He's 25, I can't imagine he wants to be Liverpool's third reserve anymore or his career will pass him by.

Cahill will be gone.

Leaving us with Kelly, Phillips (possibly), Mepham and Hill.

Whilst first reserve would be close to first team action, surely Mepham is another who needs to be first choice by now? Should we go up, I think he'll move on this summer.

Stay down and that might all change since Kelly will probably be sold and we may not be able to afford Phillips. So we could end up building a CB partnership around him next season.

A sliding doors outcome for his career.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20015895.amp/

I'd like to think that a lot of this was the reasoning behind Hill.

He's a prospect and they know that Kelly will be gone one way or another so they need a production line.

Many clubs do very well by developing players and then selling on to become Chelsea's fourth choice.

meps is wasting his career with us, he should be in a teams first 11. not sure he quite suits us, would be better in a defence playing in a slightly more old fashioned way - he looks good when he's 100% committed & dealing with an onslaught, and not quite so when passy passy with loads of time.

;