Congrats to Pompey

Having worked near Portsmouth and having to put up with them doing well, winning the FA Cup etc. Putting up with all the 'aren't we good comments', as far as I'm concerned I wish they were being relegated to a lower division.

That said, I guess their natural place is in the Championship.

Congrats my ****************..

Don't think they'll get their 'local derby' as Saints are doing well at the moment and form seems to count at the later stages of the league competition, going into the play-offs, if they don't get promoted straight away.
Don't get me started on why we lent them Rothwell and Brooks (what were we thinking!!!).

Having worked near Portsmouth and having to put up with them doing well, winning the FA Cup etc. Putting up with all the 'aren't we good comments', as far as I'm concerned I wish they were being relegated to a lower division.

That said, I guess their natural place is in the Championship.

Congrats my ****************..

Don't think they'll get their 'local derby' as Saints are doing well at the moment and form seems to count at the later stages of the league competition, going into the play-offs, if they don't get promoted straight away.
Don't get me started on why we lent them Rothwell and Brooks (what were we thinking!!!).

YEah my gut feeling is Southampton will go up, one way or another.

Sadly.

Speaking of pat-downs, pity the poor steward patting down Mr Pompey and touching the end of his bell : )

"Are you pleased to see me or is that a bell in your filthy greasy shorts" : )

YEah doesnt surprise me. Think someone mentioned before, but has a different kind of vibe to most ofther places down south imo.

Defo a strong working class element, who wouldn't take any sh1t/be shy of a bit of aggro.

Bet its 'interesting' when they play Southampton. Been a little bit trouble, edge at times walking back to station from St Marys. Must be very high octane when the arch rivals meet.

Tempted to go up there to observe it when they do meet again (from a good distance away, cowering behind a wall).

Bet the atmosphere is electric in the stadium when they meet. Non stop singing from thousands all around ground.
A few cherries went for a gander when they played each other for the first time in ages back in 2004ish - very naughty at the Joiners - and in favour of soton.

I know you’re into correct grammar and things, but it seemed clear that @red_house was referencing two different time periods.
Irrespective of grammar I did read that red-house was referring to two different games, I was referring to the game where he'd given an actual approximate date.
Apologies for missing the game without a date given.

There was also bother in the Old Pompey area before the league match in Lge1, first match of the season.
There was, we drove down from Manchester and plotted up on some shite pub on a corner in town, plenty of afcb in there with a few Pompey, I’d say around 2.15 there was a bit of a scuttle outside but the police stopped it before it got out of hand, there was also an arranged meet further out which a good pal of mine told me afcb came out on top

An item on the local news tonight about a couple of pubs in the Pompey area having to close for repairs, after damage from pissed up celebrating supporters after the game. Police investigating CCTV etc.

Imagine watching a decade of league one and then going out and getting yourself a banning order for smashing a pub after promotion.

There was, we drove down from Manchester and plotted up on some shite pub on a corner in town, plenty of afcb in there with a few Pompey, I’d say around 2.15 there was a bit of a scuttle outside but the police stopped it before it got out of hand, there was also an arranged meet further out which a good pal of mine told me afcb came out on top
Interesting. We were in the spoons bottom of Fratton High st.

A few cherries went for a gander when they played each other for the first time in ages back in 2004ish - very naughty at the Joiners - and in favour of soton.
On our way back from the FA Cup defeat at Sheff Utd in 1990 we were on Waterloo and watched Pompey and Stains clash on the concourse- Stains took a right beating , plenty of bystanders did too .

;