Coventry - The Verdict

When's the last time we scored three from midfielders in a game? This is the one thing that's impressed me the most so far.

They;re PL CM's playing the in the Championship, used to facing KDB etc,
Some Cov fans might consider themselves still big but I look at them as a Rotherham now.

We did our job well but if we had our normal attack we could've embarrassed them they looked awful. Lucky for them they;re not our local rivals and some mercy was shown, not that I would;ve shown mercy kill them all.

Yes, and with respect to Cov, the opposition flattered them somewhat. Still it's encouraging seeing midfield to attack the penalty area!

...nothing to complain about here, good energetic all round team performance, a professional job done on one of the poorer Championship sides IMO....I am only surprised that no one has got stuck into Begovic for letting in the penalty!

I know I sound a bit arrogant but Coventry weren't fit to lace our boots.
I thought they looked scared which is always good

People are playing down our performance by saying it’s only against Coventry. This is the same Coventry who were incredibly unlucky to lose vs Bristol city (maximum points) and dealt qpr their only loss so far.

People still picking holes in Solanke’s game. He made more contributions and played better than his strike partner Surridge.

All round good performance there. Well on top before the sending off. Could (should) have been more than 3. Plenty of chances created. Begovic had nothing to do really apart from their penalty. Looked a class above the Sky Blues to be honest. No disrespect intended there.

Very happy with the style of play. High press, attack minded, free flowing, shoot on sight. Well done JT and the whole team tonight.

People still picking holes in Solanke’s game. He made more contributions and played better than his strike partner Surridge.

All round good performance there. Well on top before the sending off. Could (should) have been more than 3. Plenty of chances created. Begovic had nothing to do really apart from their penalty. Looked a class above the Sky Blues to be honest. No disrespect intended there.

Very happy with the style of play. High press, attack minded, free flowing, shoot on sight. Well done JT and the whole team tonight.
Clinton Morrison said Solanke is a player we could build a team around.

[Steps back and waits]

Clinton Morrison also said Coventry were deserving of their equaliser in the first half. Listen to him at your peril.

Reactions: drd
Really great performance and, as others have said, fun to watch again! Thought Rico was particularly excellent - defensively solid, couple of quality throughballs, and the odd bit of shithousery to boot.

Sorry if I've missed it, but have we heard why we only had 6 sub yet? Did King travel and then pull out?

Really great performance and, as others have said, fun to watch again! Thought Rico was particularly excellent - defensively solid, couple of quality throughballs, and the odd bit of shithousery to boot.

Sorry if I've missed it, but have we heard why we only had 6 sub yet? Did King travel and then pull out?

Riquelme travelled with the squad but his clearance didn’t come through in time.

We usually have a 19th man though (guess it was Anthony in this case), so maybe King or Danjuma travelled but dropped out late.

Biggest plus for me is Lerma more advanced and holding the ball for crucial moments. His touch is not always great but he’s made a big difference as he can retrieve a ball and play in others. We are much better in the middle third - reflected in the possession stats. BUT - a better team, like Norwich, can make things much more difficult.

I'm not going go get my hopes up based on this result. Coventry are, whrn it comes down to it, still a L1 team, who didn't finish their season. There will be much tougher, grittier opponents this season. But I did enjoy that Coventry went at the game.

They signed 12 players including some of their best players last night. Nothing like the league 1 team. I think they will start to gel as the season goes on so it was a good time to play them.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/coventry-city/transfers/verein/990

Biggest plus for me is Lerma more advanced and holding the ball for crucial moments. His touch is not always great but he’s made a big difference as he can retrieve a ball and play in others. We are much better in the middle third - reflected in the possession stats. BUT - a better team, like Norwich, can make things much more difficult.

see swapping Lerma and Lewis cooks position has helped . For the high pressing game you need Lermas athleticism and ability to cover ground, whereas before Lewis cook can’t do that.
In tight positions Lewis cook is also better on the ball so that position suits him

;