Coventry - The Verdict

Incredible that anyone could rate Solanke 6 and Surridge 8, so I'll assume they got the scores the wrong way round. Lerma's a revelation further forward as is Cook. Still don't understand all the love for Mepham as I'm sure Simpson would get slaughtered on here for the number of wayward passes he made. Begovic didn't have much to do but seemed solid enough. Stacey, having showed his class in the PL, was excellent again. Overall, great performance against a poor-ish team.

Ostigard should have received a second yellow for that ridiculous foul just outside their box in the first half. However, that 'brilliant' gutless ref didn't have the gonads to send him off!

It was hardly a shock therefore, that Ostigard was benched at half time!

If e.g. Smudger had been sent off for those two fouls that Ostigard committed, I would have felt hard done by. They were both clumsy, not cynical, and I think having a strong word after the 2nd was about right.

I thought the ref had a very good game; the "foul" given against Surridge when he got away from his man in their area was given by the lino.
Cant complain at any of the bookings and as someone else pointed out, another ref (and especially last season) would have booked Lerma as well.

Hi lads & lasses,Oakie here,the Man City fan.
Very impressed with your lads last night and everyone in my local agreed that you could come straight back up.
Yes I know a long way to go but looks very promising so far.
We`ve got Leeds away later tonight so just hoping for another solid performance from Ake who should get the nod ahead of Laporte,who is not quite match fit due to him having the coronavrus.
I think we will also see the new signing from Seville,partnering Ake.
Hopefully they do better than that last lot of defending against Leicester.
Anyway keep going and all the best for the rest of the season.
I`ll keep popping in and let you know whats happening with Ake.
Cheers,
Oakie

Good performance and hopefully more to come.if brooks and king are still here and Stan gets fit and Danjuna we have a great chance

Hi lads & lasses,Oakie here,the Man City fan.
Very impressed with your lads last night and everyone in my local agreed that you could come straight back up.
Yes I know a long way to go but looks very promising so far.
We`ve got Leeds away later tonight so just hoping for another solid performance from Ake who should get the nod ahead of Laporte,who is not quite match fit due to him having the coronavrus.
I think we will also see the new signing from Seville,partnering Ake.
Hopefully they do better than that last lot of defending against Leicester.
Anyway keep going and all the best for the rest of the season.
I`ll keep popping in and let you know whats happening with Ake.
Cheers,
Oakie
Word on the street is this is a Leeds scalp.

Norwhich lost today too! Early days, but there be up there come May!
Happy days.

Best we have played for years last night.

So enjoyable.

Love the team spirt.

Word on the street is this is a Leeds scalp.
Looking at our line-up and as usual a very attacking minded team and I got it wrong regarding Ake playing instead of Laporte which is a bit of a worry.This will be Laportes first game back since proving positive for coronavirus and I`m not convinced he`s totally match fit..However I have been impressed with Leeds so far this season and yes a scalp could well be on the cards.

When Junior, Brooks, Arnie and Riquelme are back we should start showing no mercy, get that GD up and put teams to sleep by half time.

Looking at our line-up and as usual a very attacking minded team and I got it wrong regarding Ake playing instead of Laporte which is a bit of a worry.This will be Laportes first game back since proving positive for coronavirus and I`m not convinced he`s totally match fit..However I have been impressed with Leeds so far this season and yes a scalp could well be on the cards.
Not sure if 1-1 is a scalp, but it's not a bad result for Leeds.

In all our seasons in the PL...... Man City is a team we never took a point off.

How dare you all disagree with my opinion that Solanke did not play to his standard. I'm one of his biggest supporters and thinks he will be huge for us this season but believe he was only worth a 6. Seriously, grabbing at straws to bring up his assist for the second lol.

I'm leaving this board as you are all bullying me and disagreeing....

How dare you all disagree with my opinion that Solanke did not play to his standard. I'm one of his biggest supporters and thinks he will be huge for us this season but believe he was only worth a 6. Seriously, grabbing at straws to bring up his assist for the second lol.

I'm leaving this board as you are all bullying me and disagreeing....

You bully yourself mate, Use this last furlough time to try and make yourself a more functional human on the internet even if you aren't one.

If anyone bullies themselves its you Resevoir.

I think most people on here are quite comfortable with their lot in life.

You on the other hand are abound with conspiracy theories, and non factual belief systems.

You've mentioned God, Aliens and reptilian lizards as your foundation of attack on others giving us all an insight into your mindset, and beliefs.

Then you gave us David Icke as the 'provable' basis to your melancholy, as if it somehow cemented your paranoia in the modern age.

Not a solid argument whatsoever in most people's eyes.

;