Covid & Football

Makes you wonder why teams don’t just travel the day of....schedule all games at 3pm or later. Seems a simple solution no?

I don’t disagree with you it’s just not the done thing is it? Even at lower leagues. Plus if we had to play Newcastle away for example that wouldn’t work either day

Seems like neutral grounds is still an option..

Even thought supposedly 13 clubs rejected the idea - some for financial reason through lack of advertising.

If we do start playing,we def need to win the first game,in case the season ends after one game in,due to more players contracting it.Needs to be stated that if they do stop after a restart,ppg counts up until that latest game,not before

Just seen on the BBC that players face a 25% increased risk of injury under project restart.

25% is pretty much all we had left in the normal season, how are we going to play with precisely 0 players?!

Just seen on the BBC that players face a 25% increased risk of injury under project restart.

25% is pretty much all we had left in the normal season, how are we going to play with precisely 0 players?!
That just means that if you had a 5% chance of injury, now it's 6.25%.
What was the gist of the article? That rushing back without proper pre-season increases risk of injuries? (which would make sense)

Solent

#SaintsFC have announced that they will directly refund all match day tickets that have been bought for games that have not been played

Season ticket holders will be offered a range of options which will include a refund or chance to credit the remaining tickets next season

Solent

#SaintsFC have announced that they will directly refund all match day tickets that have been bought for games that have not been played

Season ticket holders will be offered a range of options which will include a refund or chance to credit the remaining tickets next season

Perhaps we will follow a similar path then

As our players are both injury prone and also prone to catching the virus, and likely to be playing twice a week when the season restarts, there is an enormous risk of injuries, far more than 6.25%.

I am not even sure if it is 6.25% per game or for all the remaining games. If per game it brings it up to 50% chance of injury before the season finishes. I would expect 50% to be right for our lot.

Don't expect our bankrupt club to hand out refunds, unless there is a campaign mounted to show them up.

As our players are both injury prone and also prone to catching the virus, and likely to be playing twice a week when the season restarts, there is an enormous risk of injuries, far more than 6.25%.

I am not even sure if it is 6.25% per game or for all the remaining games. If per game it brings it up to 50% chance of injury before the season finishes. I would expect 50% to be right for our lot.

Don't expect our bankrupt club to hand out refunds, unless there is a campaign mounted to show them up.

So you’re saying a club which cannot fulfil a service still fully charges its customers and won’t offer refunds without some kind of campaign? I think you’re mistaken.

I just made up the 5% number. No idea what someone's chance of getting injured is. It's going to vary based on the player's age, history, fitness, pitch conditions, and of course it will be a different number when expressed for the whole season (as opposed to one game).
With AFCB, it seems like 3/4 or so of the (ever-changing) starting XI have been injured at some point (over 29 games so far). So ignoring individual differences, that would put your chances of getting injured during the season so far at about 75%, or about 2.5% per game, or about 23% of getting injured sometime during the rest of the season (with 9 games remaining).
Not sure what the chances of catching COVID-19 are, but you'd have to add that on top.

If we play these daft matches crammed into a short period...against all advice.... our famous 'intense' training sessions will injure more. .and they are not very match fit to start are they... we will probably be anihilated by Man City, Wolves, Spurs, Leicester.. and Manu even .....with their fitter squads....5 and 6 nil drubbings.

Or will some other factors be in our favour?

;