Covid & Football

So some games we can’t watch at all unless we have sky or BT (except for illegal streams for those that are that way inclined, I personally wouldn’t have a clue how to stream a game.......)
Just log in on here 5 mins before kick off and click on the link provided.
There are quite a few who watch streamed Cherries games on here.

So we have 'weekend' matches Friday - Monday.
Midweek matches Tuesday - Thursday.

Why not say at least a game every day?

This could be the way forward for all seasons from now on to maximise TV revenue.

So we have 'weekend' matches Friday - Monday.
Midweek matches Tuesday - Thursday.

Why not say at least a game every day?

This could be the way forward for all seasons from now on to maximise TV revenue.

but will hurt attendances lower down the pyramid If becomes the “new normal” when fans allowed back into grounds.

Reactions: DJ
but will hurt attendances lower down the pyramid If becomes the “new normal” when fans allowed back into grounds.
As will a club by club broadcast rights deal, something the “why can’t the club just stream the games live on AFCB TV” brigade have failed to appreciate. And of course the massive financial disadvantage such an arrangement would be to our club even if we did stay up

So some games we can’t watch at all unless we have sky or BT (except for illegal streams for those that are that way inclined, I personally wouldn’t have a clue how to stream a game.......)
I think the free-to-air games might be available legally on t'internet. Details to follow, no doubt. Or I have seen a suggestion that they might be on a freeview channel called "Pick". I,m told they should be watchable without a Sky/Virgin box, anyway.

Sky have rights to 64 games. 39 of those will be exclusively on Sky/Now TV.

The other 25 will be shown on Sky/Now TV and will also be available on Pick TV (Freeview Channel 11) which is Sky’s Free to Air channel.

I presume they'd keep the 3pm blackout time though. But yea, you're right, it could affect the lower league attendances. I doubt they care though.

• The BBC will broadcast live Premier League football for the first time ever
  • All remaining 92 Premier League games will be broadcasted live on UK television
  • The last time the BBC aired top-flight football live was 32 years ago, in 1988
  • Sky Sports will air 64 games, with 25 - including Everton vs Liverpool - free-to-air
  • BT Sport will show a total of 20 live matches and Amazon Prime will show four
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ion-shown-terrestrial-television-time-UK.html

Agreed. Some pundits want us out though so imperative its completed even if that has to be into next year should there be a second wave or more.
Agree, if Villa were to win their game in hand, and then the season be stopped again straight away, due to covid-19, you think there would be any hesitation in swapping us and Norwich with Leeds and West Brom? Suddenly that play off issue in the Championship would disappear.

Last edited:

;