Covid & Football

Sky say we have one of the toughest run-ins with the average position of our opponents being 8.2.

I disagree and would rather be playing teams in the mid-table area with nothing much to play for and are seeing out the season. A unified squad without injuries and large away crowds should be able to do the job.

Sky say we have one of the toughest run-ins with the average position of our opponents being 8.2.

I disagree and would rather be playing teams in the mid-table area with nothing much to play for and are seeing out the season. A unified squad without injuries and large away crowds should be able to do the job.
Given the incredibly peculiar circumstances I think 'form goes out the window', to use a cliche. Fitness and preparedness, motivation, match intensity will all vary hugely. There's going to be some odd results, I think. For our part we can just hope for a squad clear of injuries, and Eddie will sort the rest.

Given the incredibly peculiar circumstances I think 'form goes out the window', to use a cliche. Fitness and preparedness, motivation, match intensity will all vary hugely. There's going to be some odd results, I think. For our part we can just hope for a squad clear of injuries, and Eddie will sort the rest.

Frankly, it'll be a joke with injuries, lack of preparation, randomly quarantined players/staff. The current positive cases will get a 5-day pre-session once they get out of quarantine. I'm guessing they'll stop testing now so they can't be accused of knowingly spreading it.

Frankly, it'll be a joke with injuries, lack of preparation, randomly quarantined players/staff. The current positive cases will get a 5-day pre-session once they get out of quarantine. I'm guessing they'll stop testing now so they can't be accused of knowingly spreading it.

It will be a bit of a farce. Can’t help feeling though we will only have ourselves to blame when the wheels fell off part way through the season, not withstanding injuries.

but will hurt attendances lower down the pyramid If becomes the “new normal” when fans allowed back into grounds.

by most assessments there wont be much of a pyramid left if fans aren't allowed into grounds for an extended period, we may find ourselves relegated into an empty room....

Provided the out of contract players are dealt with in a positive way, I trust Eddie to keep us up. I expect players like Surman and Junior to play larger roles and D.C. to be a fortress. We better be allowed to play there. The first game is huge.

Well the EFL aren't in a rush to get back .

Not meeting till the 8th June.

You'd think they would want to finish when the Premier league does.

Eddie was recently saying it will be difficult playing without fans, as they can add that extra something to motivate the players.
Of course, our opponents won't have fans either, so I'm not sure it's a clear disadvantage to us.
It seems to me that fans can play a role in really geeing up players and pushing them up to that extra level. In their absence, the teams that win will more likely be those who are more technically gifted and have ice in their veins; the ones who are already really good without a crowd to psych them up. Although this may seem to disadvantage us, I'm not so sure. The frustrating thing about many of our performances this season has been when we've seemed to have technically better players on the pitch, yet played without heart and motivation and lost.
As long as we don't play worse, we may do OK.

The way I see we have the smallest stadium in the PL with not a particularly intimidating atmosphere. The lack of home crowd will affect all teams, as we’ve seen in Germany, but we should be among the least negatively impacted.

Meanwhile our away form is appalling. Perhaps we do get intimidated at the more hostile atmospheres away from home. This could well play into our hands

Once we get those 2 extra games out of the way and all have the same number of fixtures, that abbreviated league table will make interesting reading come the end of the season.

There will no doubt be some real upsets, I just hope we are involved in all of them.

I have simulated it and we have a 100% chance of staying up.

BHA have 100% chance of being relegated on my model, which is based on them being crap and having tough home matches.

In all seriousness home wins v Palace and Newcastle would put us in a very decent position, one from which I would doubt seeing us trouble the bottom three again.

I have simulated it and we have a 100% chance of staying up.

BHA have 100% chance of being relegated on my model, which is based on them being crap and having tough home matches.

In all seriousness home wins v Palace and Newcastle would put us in a very decent position, one from which I would doubt seeing us trouble the bottom three again.

And a home win V Southampton?

;