Covid & Football

That article would make a lot more sense if Mings had the self-awareness to know who it is making the financial demands. Who, ultimately, gets the TV money? The players. The reason for the great urgency to play is to pay the players. The players are making the financial demands, the players' wages are the reason the clubs need money.

If Mings and his colleagues had said "no, furlough us, when it's safe we'll come back and play" then there would be no financial necessity to return.

Do you know how many clubs had players who took pay cuts?

That article would make a lot more sense if Mings had the self-awareness to know who it is making the financial demands. Who, ultimately, gets the TV money? The players. The reason for the great urgency to play is to pay the players. The players are making the financial demands, the players' wages are the reason the clubs need money.

If Mings and his colleagues had said "no, furlough us, when it's safe we'll come back and play" then there would be no financial necessity to return.

He seems pretty aware of it to me.

The Championship begins again on 20th June apparently. Pretty academic but does anyone know where Brentford will be playing their games?

The original test was last Wednesday or Thursday with the result made public last weekend. Lots of people test negative after 7 days.

Round 1: 17-18 May - 748 tested, with six testing positive from three clubs.
Round 2: 19-22 May - 996 tested, with two testing positive from two clubs.
Round 3: 25-26 May - 1,008 tested, with four testing positive from two clubs.
Round 4: 28-29 May - 1,130 tested, with zero testing positive.

So he had SARS-COV-2 for a maximum of 12 days, which is fair enough. I wonder if he developed COVID-19 or not.

Bloody hell, she should be a rocket scientist.
I thought she made a good point. One which the tv companies and the Premier League are greedily trying to gloss over.

At least I didn't provide a link to something even more blindingly obvious, like one about the "protective ring" thrown around care homes being a complete falsehood. ;-)

I don't believe Any footballers have actually had Covid 19....its just bullsh*t political maneuvering linked to Restartgate....its an Old Peoples disease ffs!
- Ask anyone on a Beach!

Do we know when the fixture list is out ref our starting dates,
kick off times, what tv channel we might be on, when the season has to end and then next season start dates. The EPL have to give clubs time for everything
that goes with a match day, even without supporters on site

I thought she made a good point. One which the tv companies and the Premier League are greedily trying to gloss over.

Is that the point that the spectacle is diminished in empty stadiums?

She's right but it's nothing that hasn't been said on here many many times already.

;