Covid & Football

To be fair, think Harry Kane has been loyal to
Spurs. Expect a few players would have left by now given how many trophies Kyle Walker has picked up since leaving the club.
Why not win them at Spurs..they are as big as MC.and .he has 'kissed the badge' a few times!

No different to anyone wanting to change jobs for more money, promotion, move to a different area or just pissed off with the company or their boss.

Well if the place is really that much of a Doom scenario..then I guess he would want out..
...let's see what we feel like if Danjuma, Pearson, Lerma or Brooks scoot off in the event we fail to go up..or if we do but their loyalty suddenly fades away.

Out of interest, what exactly is wrong with a player transferring clubs?
Not a lot really...if its in the interest of all concerned....whether or not fans like it is another thing...like the kid who idolises a star player and spent money on the shirt and all that...
And Ake....well he is not exactly first choice up there is he. Oh well...

Well if the place is really that much of a Doom scenario..then I guess he would want out..
...let's see what we feel like if Danjuma, Pearson, Lerma or Brooks scoot off in the event we fail to go up..or if we do but their loyalty suddenly fades away.
If they go they go, I have no problem if they want to move on to play at the highest level. why shouldn't they? I am as big an AFCB fan as most and if I could have played for us I would have been over the moon but that wouldn't have stopped me wanting to play in the PL against the best in the world.

I must admit that I've fallen out of love with the top end of Football in the past couple of years....I suggest to myself that I've listened to Radio 5 Live too much and allowed them to ratchet up a high degree of Cynicism..together with the Marketplace in general...but I'm sure now that with VAR and other future changes...that many will join me.

All I want out of all this money mayhem is for AFCB to build up from perennial Div 1 to established Championship club including a larger ground. Premier league is not a loveable place for me. Guaranteed diet of disappointment and ridiculous timings of games plus VAR and Shearer. To the contrary I love the Championship for all the opposite reasons. I just can't get fired up about a second stint in the top flight if we get that far. If we were true potential contenders for glory I'd put up with all the nonsense.

Harry Kane joined Spurs nearly 12 years ago as a lad.

He has been on loan at Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich City and Leicester City.

Remember Eddie Howe joined our club at around the same age Harry Kane joined Spurs.

Eddie left us for Pompey, unfortunately for Eddie things didn’t work out at Pompey.

So is Harry Kane doing anything different to what Eddie did?

He just wants at crack at another club before he is too old.

All I want out of all this money mayhem is for AFCB to build up from perennial Div 1 to established Championship club including a larger ground. Premier league is not a loveable place for me. Guaranteed diet of disappointment and ridiculous timings of games plus VAR and Shearer. To the contrary I love the Championship for all the opposite reasons. I just can't get fired up about a second stint in the top flight if we get that far. If we were true potential contenders for glory I'd put up with all the nonsense.
And bloody lineker

Good point...but are Spurs mediocre..I thought they were a Big Six shot, paying more than enough big money!
Yes, they have been mediocre for many years now. Over the past 20 years they've won ONE trophy....the League Cup.

Who can honestly say that they see Spurs challenging Man City/United, Liverpool or Chelsea for the title over the next few years ?

Yes, they have been mediocre for many years now. Over the past 20 years they've won ONE trophy....the League Cup.

Who can honestly say that they see Spurs challenging Man City/United, Liverpool or Chelsea for the title over the next few years ?

No one can see it I guess...and Harry obviously don't !

Ang on ffs...what ? - (Sorry my missus has just interrupted this.)

She said.." not much Joy in the World at the moment is there?".
She's bin watching some sh*te about Diana Spencer and Mr Bashir...so I guess that sparked her off.

Well there isn't much joy .. she's right...because it seems we could be on the Eve of Destruction.
But...I'm gonna tell her in a minute...that as long as the PL is functioning at top dollar...All will be well!

Just feels odd that government happy to have 20k for a CL match on same day at same venue but not for one involving “less fashionable” clubs? A lot of very keen afcb fans don’t have a ST for variable reasons and not convinced the decision has a scientific basis

Hmmm! Would it be possible that money could be part of this?
This is UEFA after all.

Absolutely. For me the PL should be a means to an end for a club like ours, I don’t really enjoy us being there. It was on the bucket list to see us there and we achieved it in my lifetime, so I’m extremely grateful for that. But if we’re being realistic, it’s incredibly hard to be effective there without a BILLIONAIRE owner.

Ideally, if we go back up to the PL any time, we should just take their money and run. Put it towards the infrastructure which would enable us to one day be a top class Championship side for decades to come. If that results in the odd foray into the PL, then so be it.

We really need to raise the, what I would call,‘natural semi-sustainable level’ of the football club. If that is AFCB as a top half Championship side then I think that would be REAL progress for both the club and its fans !

Why not win them at Spurs..they are as big as MC.and .he has 'kissed the badge' a few times!

I don't think that's true anymore mate, they were a big club in the 60's and had some flashy spells in the 90's with Gazza but City have already won more titles than them and Spurs have always proven them themselves 2nd rate bottlers who sell there best players to superior clubs, since the early 90's they haven't won a trophy since 2008, Wigan and Portsmouth have won an FA Cup since then. They do have the facilities and a new Stadium now and a bigger fanbase because of Kane but that's not what Kane needs now, he needs instant trophies and City are the obvious and safe choice.

I don't think that's true anymore mate, they were a big club in the 60's and had some flashy spells in the 90's with Gazza but City have already won more titles than them and Spurs have always proven them themselves 2nd rate bottlers who sell there best players to superior clubs, since the early 90's they haven't won a trophy since 2008, Wigan and Portsmouth have won an FA Cup since then. They do have the facilities and a new Stadium now and a bigger fanbase because of Kane but that's not what Kane needs now, he needs instant trophies and City are the obvious and safe choice.
A mate of mine is a Spurs fan and he constantly sends me Spurs memes, you know, empty trophy cabinets etc. If the club’s own fans feel that way then you could excuse Harry, as an insider, finally coming to a similar conclusion. It does seem extremely unlikely that they could win a CL trophy in the next decade, to be honest !

What he ' needs' eh...how wonderful.
And Spurs have a bigger fanbase because of Him. Wow...and now he is on his way!

All Football brethren Salivate!

Last edited:
What he ' needs' eh...how wonderful.
And Spurs have a bigger fanbase because of Him. Wow...and now he is on his way!

All Football brethren Salivate!

They are bigger because of him, they were like Everton beforehand who themselves had more recent domestic league success. And to be honest I don't think City will ever be as big as United in my lifetime as I think United are the biggest club in the World though matter how much City win but they will close the gap because since Fergie left they've never been the same as I predicted.

Absolutely. For me the PL should be a means to an end for a club like ours, I don’t really enjoy us being there. It was on the bucket list to see us there and we achieved it in my lifetime, so I’m extremely grateful for that. But if we’re being realistic, it’s incredibly hard to be effective there without a BILLIONAIRE owner.

Ideally, if we go back up to the PL any time, we should just take their money and run. Put it towards the infrastructure which would enable us to one day be a top class Championship side for decades to come. If that results in the odd foray into the PL, then so be it.

We really need to raise the, what I would call,‘natural semi-sustainable level’ of the football club. If that is AFCB as a top half Championship side then I think that would be REAL progress for both the club and its fans !
I think we are on the same page here. That growth driven by PL money has to be the way. I'm fed up of being Tinpot.

Back to the point ref Wembley tickets should we get there it’ll be devastating if it’s only 5,000 per club, maybe less taking VIPs etc into consideration. Potentially once in a lifetime opportunity to see the team at Wembley would fall on a bloody year of a pandemic

They are bigger because of him, they were like Everton beforehand who themselves had more recent domestic league success. And to be honest I don't think City will ever be as big as United in my lifetime as I think United are the biggest club in the World though matter how much City win but they will close the gap because since Fergie left they've never been the same as I predicted.

Everton were the richest club in the early 60s....Sunderland prior to that. Things change over time...Are MU fans any happier now than Evertons ? It seems not.

You relate to Him ( Harry) ..like a Jesus/God figure.

When you come to weigh it all up at the end of ...whatever/whenever...what does it all mean....apart from a load of Money in someone's pocket...not yours!

We've seen this season how fragile things could get for Sport....how a World crisis can impact on Life.

Poole Town and Weymouth(error) are not even getting on a pitch.

Last edited:
Everton were the richest club in the early 60s....Sunderland prior to that. Things change over time...Are MU fans any happier now than Evertons ? It seems not.

You relate to Him ( Harry) ..like a Jesus/God figure.

When you come to weigh it all up at the end of ...whatever/whenever...what does it all mean....apart from a load of Money in someone's pocket...not yours!

We've seen this season how fragile things could get for Sport....how a World crisis can impact on Life.

Poole Town and Weymouth are not even getting on a pitch.
Weymouth are playing at Meadow Lane tomorrow.
The National League season isn’t finished yet.

;