Covid & Football

Fair point and don’t want to tempt fate but this is some logistics exercise with 5k paper tickets to allocate, get paid and distribute in under 6 days
Fair point and don’t want to tempt fate but this is some logistics exercise with 5k paper tickets to allocate, get paid and distribute in under 6 days

Allocate to ST holders either by invitation to participate in a ballot or in order of away points. Print at home tickets. It really isn't difficult.

That’s a big blow. Not sure that guarantees every ST holder gets a ticket then IF afcb get through Brentford?

Also tight logistics IF we do get to final then given the game happens a week after Brentford away so need time for a ballot, payment and postage all before the saturday. That’s a challenge.

Maybe queuing at the ground again?!
Gonna be a bloody long queue with 2 metre distancing!

Realistically if we had 5,000 tickets I think all if not almost all ST holders that want to travel would get a ticket. there are many who still didn't apply for tickets in the Brentford ballot because of COVID, and when you add in the travel to and from London a good number will not do it.

Realistically if we had 5,000 tickets I think all if not almost all ST holders that want to travel would get a ticket. there are many who still didn't apply for tickets in the Brentford ballot because of COVID, and when you add in the travel to and from London a good number will not do it.

I think you are right.

For me, even if we get back into the Premier League this season, it just hasn’t got the feel of 2014-15 where it happened for the first time in our history.

We haven’t for the major part of the season had fans in the stadiums and so even though I have probably seen more live games than usual, taking in coverage on Sky or AFCB live watching home and away games, we haven’t really as fans had a season back in the Championship seeing our club as we know it.

Last edited:
Something for afficianados of PL to get youse 'eads around.. If we gets back up...you might not get to see the magnificent King Harry Kane the First of Tottenham Hotspur Fame...cus he might be at Inter Mars or Racing Club Pluto...ha !

Christ what a...what a Crock of Sh*t.

Last edited:
But Brian, I don't get it either and I'm very definitely not upset with you.
Was it just a dig at the PL in general ? Struggling to decipher this one tbh and there was me thinking I could always find the "vibe" in even your most obscure of posts :p

A dig at the PL...and at players that want to move on when things don't go well...for their Team. That.

A dig at the PL...and at players that want to move on when things don't go well...for their Team. That.

To be fair, think Harry Kane has been loyal to
Spurs. Expect a few players would have left by now given how many trophies Kyle Walker has picked up since leaving the club.

Just feels odd that government happy to have 20k for a CL match on same day at same venue but not for one involving “less fashionable” clubs? A lot of very keen afcb fans don’t have a ST for variable reasons and not convinced the decision has a scientific basis

If you think this is unique to the Prem then you’re in for a shock when you branch out from the back page of the sun for your transfer news. And in many situations, there’s nothing wrong with it. Who could have possibly begrudged Ake his move to City last summer for example.

If you think this is unique to the Prem then you’re in for a shock when you branch out from the back page of the sun for your transfer news. And in many situations, there’s nothing wrong with it. Who could have possibly begrudged Ake his move to City last summer for example.

I don't read the Sun..I have my own mind...and No its not unique to the PL..because the trend filters down to as far as anyone who wants to copy it.

Just feels odd that government happy to have 20k for a CL match on same day at same venue but not for one involving “less fashionable” clubs? A lot of very keen afcb fans don’t have a ST for variable reasons and not convinced the decision has a scientific basis
Since when has science or logic or reason had anything to do with decisions made by the EFL or Pl !!!!
I think it should be minimum of 20,000 crowd, so all our fans can go if they wish.

;