Covid & Football

When he discusses football, more often than not, he's completely on the money.

He actually has a great football mind and "gets it" at all levels, due to his running of Salford, playing at Manchester United and coaching with England.

There aren't many in the game with the experience and knowledge at all of those levels.

If you watch The 92, he's also very critical of himself and accepts when he makes errors.

On the games continuing regardless, I probably disagree with him though. The integrity of the leagues is also important, doesn't seem fair if for example, Watford get to stay up in the Premier League on goal difference, but during January they beat Manchester City Under 12's 7-0 to take 3 points.
Slight exaggeration to prove a point. City have more than enough quality outside their first eleven.

I think you need an even playing field.

Having said that our club had to get on with it at the beginning of the season with a lot of regulars out.

We brought in youngsters and the rest we know.

Let them cancel as many games as they like, and then look forward to a horrendous fixture pile-up later this season.

In the meantime, we can get 3 more points on the board tomorrow and increase the gap !

indded, perfect response beating qpr the other night, hopefully we ca deliver tomorrow. points in the bag definitely best in our position, keeps it in our hands if we win, regardless of what the opposition do.

you hope residual benefits include opposition not being 100% fit later in season due to week after week of playing twice, plus extra pressure of knowing they need to win to stay with/catch us.

Plus this xmas, not like the proposed calender was as congested for some reason, like they usually are over this period, so its not like we're being stretched as/tired out as may happen over typical xmas fixtures, whilst they benefit from extra rest.

I literally, and I mean literally, can't think of a single intelligent thing that guy has said.

He’s hit the nail on the head here though. I interpret as if it was us we would have to play the likes of Brennan Camp, Mariah-Walsh, Dennis etc before we would be allowed to call it off.
A lot of non covid suspect injuries creeping in. Over Christmas too, now becomes a very unlevel playing field.

Apparently the EFL have said there won’t be any testing on match days now.

A risky move but will avoid fans being disrupted by late calls ?

With all these games being called off (and not knowing how long we will continue to see postponements) and the inevitable fixture congestion later in the season, any idea how this will impact the schedule for a winter WC in 2022?

With all these games being called off (and not knowing how long we will continue to see postponements) and the inevitable fixture congestion later in the season, any idea how this will impact the schedule for a winter WC in 2022?
I read they don't have enough hotel rooms for the amount of supporters travelling to watch the games.
The whole thing is a farce, FIFA really was sucked in because of money.

Its utterley ridiculous that Welsh clubs ban fans and the same fans are able cross the border to an away game and transfer Covid both ways...thus highlighting the stupidity of three separate parts the same Island land mass having different rules !

I wonder how many Welsh fans will not travel out of respect for the Welsh law...

Is there actually clear evidence that they reduce transmission in asymptomatic people? For Omicron I mean.

Vaccinations? I've read that vaccinations reduce transmission. Obviously, your chances of getting infected are reduced to an extent so that lowers the overall transmission. Have read that those with vaccines tend to infect fewer people too. Wouldn't necessarily trust everything I read, but I guess if your symptoms are less severe then you'll be coughing and sneezing less, so passing it over to others less, for instance. There may well be another more scientific reason too. More importantly, I was talking to a family member who works at Southampton General this week, and he said the vast majority of patients in Covid Intensive Care are the unvaccinated, tending to be those who are 30s, 40s, 50s and pregnant women.

We e all meekly accepted that we can no longer get into Dean Court without a ticket, for which our details are held on a database, so why the angst over a Covid passport?

;